ZS Associate Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021
My team participated in the ZS Campus Beats challenge 2021 and we were in the top 150. The top 150 team receives a pre-placement opportunity with ZS Associates BTSA.
Round 1: Online Assessment.
- There were 3 rounds in the online assessment, on clearing one round you will get the link for the next round.
There were 50 questions and the time was 45 minutes, with no negative marking. Questions were of 1 mark each. Questions were from the following topics:
- Numerical Ability
- Verbal Ability
- Programming (Output based questions)
Case Study round
- A small case study was given, you need to answer 8 MCQ’s based on that.
- A question will pop on your screen and you will have 10 seconds to frame an answer after 10 seconds video and microphone will be on and you need to answer the question. The maximum time to answer each question was 3 minutes. There were 8 questions in this section.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The Interview was conducted on the Monjin platform. The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and then to explain any project from my resume. After that, he asked the following questions.
- What is denormalization?
- What is SQL and What are subsets of SQL?
- What is a relationship in SQL?
- What is indexing in DBMS, types of indexes, and why indexing is used?
- ACID Properties.
- Asked to write 2-3 queries based on Joins.
- At last, he asked for 2 puzzles. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.
Round 3: HR Round
- The interviewer was friendly. He first introduced himself and then asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked me to explain Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning in layman terms (as these were mentioned in my skills).
- Then he asked me to explain any one of my projects. He asked a few project-related questions. He then asked me about my coding profiles and hackathons I participated in. After resume-based questions, he asked few behavioral questions.
- Describe a situation when you handled a conflict of decision among your team members.
- Describe a situation where you took the initiative to do a task which other team members were not willing to do.
- The interview lasted for around 30 minutes. Guesstimate was not asked in my HR round, but my friends were asked to solve a guesstimate.