Yellow.ai Interview Experience for SDE
Initially students were shortlisted on the base of CGPA. The criteria was CGPA>=8.0
Round 1:This was a group discussion round.
Topic: You are the leadership team of a local snacks company which has been profitable in the past few years. You have to make the decision of either expanding in local market or introducing brand in international market. What would you choose and why?
Students were grouped in groups of 10. This round went for around 10 minutes.
Shortlisted students were invited for technical interview 1.
Round 2: Technical Round (30 minutes)
- Introduce yourself.
- Discussion about the projects mentioned.
- Code for Fibonacci series on codechef ide.
- Difference between drop and truncate in SQL.
- Difference between arrays and linked list.
- What are joins in SQL and their types?
- What is 4th normal form in DBMS?
- One of my projects was based on web development . So he asked some basic questions like : Which tag is used to create hyperlinks. (anchor tag is used)
- I had mentioned in my resume that I was member of one of the clubs. So he asked what does the club do?
Finally he asked if I had any questions for him. I asked him some questions about the company.
Round 3: Technical Round (1 hour)
- He started off with one of the projects mentioned in my resume on web development. He asked about the database used , tables used in the database and the overall working of the project.
- Coding question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/reverse-individual-words/
- Coding question: A sorted array is given. Find that element which has it’s occurrence more than n/3 times in the array. I gave him O(n) solution. Then he asked to optimize. After many hints I came up with the optimized solution with time complexity of O(log n) using binary search. (didn’t ask to code for this).
- Difference between SQL and NoSQL.
- One SQL query was asked where 3 tables were given. (Query was simple just be clear with the basics).
- What is inheritance? (I explained him with example and its types).
- Hashing and discussion about its time complexity.
Finally he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked him some questions.
- Be thorough with the projects.
- Have decent knowledge of theoretical subjects (DBMS, OOPS, OS) and data structures.
Total 4 students were selected from the institute.
THANK YOU AND ALL THE BEST 🙂