WordPress Reset Password
In this article, we are going to discuss two ways to log you back into your WordPress site if you happen to forget your WordPress site password.
- Resetting the WordPress site password with e-mail access.
- Resetting the WordPress site password without e-mail access.
Resetting the WordPress site password with E-mail access: If you forget your password but have access to the e-mail account to create a WordPress user, it’s very easy to reset the password.
1. Click on “Lost your password?” on the login page of the website.
2. Enter the username or e-mail address of your WordPress user and click on “Get New Password”.
3. Follow the instructions received in the mail to reset your password.
Resetting the WordPress site password without E-mail access: What to do if you don’t have access to the e-mail address you provided when creating a WordPress user. Well, we can always jump into our database to manually change the password.
1. Go to phpMyAdmin using cPanel/hPanel. (Image Attached is of cPanel)
2. Click on your WordPress database on the left. ( In this case, its varunwp, yours can be different, the default name is wordpress)
3. Now click on the user’s table. (In this case, its wp_users, may be different depending on your table prefix)
4. Click “Edit” in front of the user you want to reset the password.
5. In the user_pass field, enter the new password (In this case, it’s “NewPassword“) and select MD5 from the drop-down (very important as WordPress uses MD5 hashing).
6. Scroll down and click “Go“ to submit the changes.