WordPress Permalink Setting
You can navigate to WordPress permalink settings by going to Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalink. It looks something like the picture below. ( my WordPress installation directory is WordPress on localhost).
Common Settings: Here the first section is Common Settings where you can set the URL structure for your WordPress site.
- Plain – Your URL will look like https://example.com/?p=123
- Day and name – It sets the URL of your post according to the date on which post was published and the name of your post. Example: https://example.com/2021/11/05/post-name/
- Month and name – It sets the URL of your post according to the month on which post was published and the name of your post. Example: https://example.com/2021/11/post-name/
- Numeric – It sets the URL of your post like: https://example.com/archives/post-id/ Here post-id will be the numeric ID of the post.
- Post name – It sets the URL of your post according to the name of your post. Example: https://example.com/post-name/
- Custom Structure – In this option, you can set the URL structure according to your desire. You can use the block below the Available tags to select or deselect a modifier
Optional: These are optional settings for custom structure of your category and tag archive URLs.
- Category Base – Let’s take an example here, so your default category URL is like: https://example.com/category-name/ Now if you add books in your category base your URL will look like: https://example.com/books/category-name/
- Tag Base – Here you can add tag base same as category base. After you are done with all the settings click on “Save Changes” to apply the settings to your WordPress site.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...