Wireless Power Transmission
Wireless power transmission is an updated technique of power transmission without using any wires in the medium. A wireless transmission transfers power from the generation station to the consumer without using towers and transmission lines. Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) is the process where electrical energy is transmitted from a power source to an electrical load across an air gap using induction coils. These coils produce an electromagnetic field that sends energy from a charging base station (transmitter) to a coil on a portable device (receiver) with complete galvanic isolation. The receiver coil takes power from the electromagnetic field and converts it into electrical power.
Working of Wireless Power Transfer:
- Wireless power transfer works on the principle of electromagnetic induction.
- A transmitter placed on the generation side generates flux to link with the receiver end.
- At the consumer end, we will place a receiver it receives the flux and covers it with electricity.
- It will be used for a permissible distance, by using solar power satellites we can transfer power anywhere in the world.
- In the solar power satellite transmission, We just need to place a transmitter at the satellite end. We can place receivers wherever need power on the earth.
Wireless Power Transmission through Solar Power Satellites:
Solar power transmission using solar satellites was first introduced in the 1970s. The solar satellites generate power using their solar panels by using the sunrise 24/7. And the power generated will be transmitted by a transmitter in the form of microwaves. On the earth, for every consumer, we will place a receiver on the roof of the building. Here the receiver receives the microwave and it converts the received waves into electricity.
Applications of Wireless Power Transmission:
- Wireless power transmission is used in place of transmission lines to transfer power from one place to another place.
- It is also used in distribution systems to transfer power to the consumers.
- It is also mostly used in industries and all electrical applications.
- By using solar power satellites, we can produce unlimited energy resources.
- We can deliver energy anywhere in the world.
- The cost of distribution and transmission becomes less.
- The power could be transmitted to various places which do not contain the wired transmission.