What is TypeScript Map file ?
Before getting ahead, these are few terms you should be familiar with:
- TypeScript Source files: These are files written by yourself and are quite easy to Interpret, i.e., it is Human-Readable.
That’s where TypeScript Map files become our Savior.
To generate TypeScript Map file by using the sourceMap compilation option in tsconfig.json file:
- The reference to the TypeScript file is in a sources field. Notice that it references the file in the project structure.
- The sourceRoot field is the root path of the TypeScript files.
- The names field is a list of identifiers used in the source code that were changed or removed from the output.
- The version field defines which version of the source map spec is being used.