Wells Fargo Interview Experience (On-Campus) 2022
Wells Fargo visited my college (NIT Calicut) for a program associate role full-time in September 2022.
Round 1 (Online Assessment): 126 students were shortlisted for this test by internal shortlisting.
- This round was conducted on the SHL (AMCAT) platform which consists of 3 sections. And this test is video and audio proctored.
- Questions are not sequential within the section (which means we can visit any question of a particular section during this time limit).
- After completing one section, the next section will start automatically and we can’t take a break in between sections.
Verbal aptitude: It consists of 12 MCQs with a time limit of 15 mins. MCQs are on comprehension, vocabulary, paragraph
Business Acumen: It consists of 15 MCQs with a time limit of 25 mins. These questions are totally observational and logical
type. Graph and chart is given for every question and one needs to answer the question based on these given references.
Coding: It consists of 2 coding questions with a time limit of 60 mins. Everyone had different questions of the same difficulty level. I was able to pass 1st coding question but in 2nd one, only some test cases are passed.
Round 2 (Technical Interview – 1hr): 26 students were shortlisted for this round.
- The interview was scheduled for the duration of 1 hr but the interviewer was in a hurry so he ended up the interview in just 35 mins. The interviewer started with his introduction and after that, he asked me to introduce myself. The interviewer had 18+ years of experience.
- What is object-oriented programming?
- What’s the difference between abstraction and encapsulation?
- What are inheritance and its types?
- What’s the difference between process and thread?
- 2 DSA questions: Asked to code and run on the given test cases.
- Swap two numbers without using 3rd variable.
- Find the factorial of a given number both iteratively and recursively.
Asked if I had any questions for him. (I asked 2 questions)
Round 3 (Technical + Hr Interview – 1hr): 15 students were shortlisted for this round.
- The interviewer started with his introduction and after that, he asked me to introduce myself. The interviewer had 10+ years of
experience. Later on, he asked many things about my school life and college life (Not technical).
- Then he asked me to explain all projects that I had mentioned in my resume. And after that, there was a detailed discussion and many follow-up questions on it.
- Are you a planning person or a spontaneous person?
- What do you know about Wells Fargo?
- 1 DSA question: Asked to code and run on the given test cases.
- Take the whole given sentence as input and find whether this sentence contains all English alphabet or not. The sentence may contain anything like lowercase or uppercase letters or numbers or symbols.
- What are your future plans?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Do you have any questions for me? (I asked 1 question)
After this round, 12 students were extended the offer and I was one of them.
Tips: Before cracking Wells Fargo, I was rejected by more than 15 companies. So don’t lose hope and try to give your
best in every round. Always be confident and have a smile on your face. One day you will get what you want.
Suggestions: I want to mention here that I was a very noob in coding but after consistent effort and support from
my PlaceUp academy, I was able to crack this company. Throughout the whole course, they brought me from noob to advanced coder. Mentors are very friendly, supportive, and kind-hearted. They guide me not only at the time of the course but also throughout my placement drive. I especially want to thank them, because without them I couldn’t achieve this goal. For more details about the academy, you can visit their website.