Weebly vs Magento
With the advancement of technology, different sectors are shifting from traditional marketing to digital marketing. Each and every organization whether small or big wants to have a digital presence so they want to build their websites, portfolios, blogs etc. but making websites or web applications is a complex and time-consuming task which requires coding skills. Hence to solve this problem, many organizations have provided website building and content management platforms which make it easy to create web applications. Two such platforms are Weebly and Magento which provides different services to build websites and web applications for personal or commercial use.
Advantages of Weebly
- It provides a simple interface with easy tools to build applications without HTML knowledge.
- It provides pre-built themes which can be customized easily.
- It has an auto-save feature which helps in saving data and progress in case of system crashes.
- It is an all-in-one platform for building online stores, web applications, blogs etc.
- It has an in-built payment option.
Disadvantages of Weebly
- It does not have good image editing options.
- It provides only 500 MB storage in connect plan.
- Blogging features are limited.
Magento can be understood as an e-commerce platform which helps its users to create online stores for selling their products and services. It was founded by Roy Rubin and it was initially launched in 2008. It was built using the PHP programming language. It is an open-source platform. In 2018 Adobe Incorporation purchased it for $1.68 billion. MySQL and MariaDB are used as databases to store information.
Advantages of Magento
- It allows to create applications which are responsive on various devices are android, iPad etc.
- It is SEO friendly means it is easy to optimize websites to increase ranking for SERP.
- Has a lot of performance tracking tools to evaluate results.
- Loading speed is good.
- Easy integration with third-party plugins.
Disadvantages of Magento
- Setup and configuration are difficult as compared to Joomla.
- Hosting requires large space which slows down the website speed.
- It is costly as compared to other platforms providing similar services.
Below is a table of differentiation between Weebly and Magento:
|1.||It is a platform to create websites, e-commerce stores, blogging sites etc.||It is an e-commerce platform which provides services to create online stores to sell goods.|
|2.||Weebly was founded by David Rusenko, Dan Veltri and Chris Fannin.||Magento was founded by Roy Rubin.|
|3.||Weebly provides 4 plans, Basic is free, Connect costs $5 per month, Pro costs $12 per month and the Business plan is of $25 per month.||Magento provides 3 plans, Open source is free, Commerce is $22000 per year and Magento commerce cloud costs $40000 per year.|
|4.||It is not an open-source platform.||It is an open-source platform.|
|5.||It provides activity tracking and notification functionality.||It does not provide advanced features like activity tracking.|
|6.||It provides analytic tools for tracking website performance.||It uses Magento’s business intelligence tool for analyzing customer information.|
|7.||It provides large customization features which are easy to use.||Customization is tough as compared to Weebly.|
|8.||The performance of the shopping cart is good.||Performance of shopping cart and online visibility is much better.|