Weebly vs Joomla
With the advancement of technology, different sectors are shifting from traditional business to digital or e-commerce. Each and every organization whether small or big wants to have their digital presence so that it can sell its goods online but making an e-commerce store or web application is a complex and time-consuming task which requires coding skills. Hence to solve this problem, many organizations have provided website building, content management and e-commerce store building platforms which make it easy to create web applications. Two such platforms are Weebly and Joomla which provides different services to build websites and online stores.
Advantages of Weebly
- It provides a simple interface with easy tools to build applications without HTML knowledge.
- It provides pre-built themes which can be customized easily.
- It has an auto-save feature which helps in saving data and progress in case of system crashes.
- It is an all in one platform for building online stores, web applications, blogs etc.
- It has an in-built payment option.
Disadvantages of Weebly
- It does not have good image editing options.
- It provides only 500 MB storage in connect plan.
- Blogging features are limited.
Joomla can be understood as a content management platform which helps in building interactive web applications and websites. The development credit of this platform goes to Open Source Matters Incorporation. It was initially launched in 2005. It was developed using the OOPS concept of programming languages and is written in PHP. MySQL and PostgreSQL are used as databases to store information.
Advantages of Joomla
- It has a large number of ready to use themes so no need to build from scratch.
- It provides advanced marketing tools to increase customer reach.
- It provides tracking tools to evaluate performance.
- Nearly 2 million websites being built with this platform are currently active.
- It comes with enhanced security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Disadvantages of Joomla
- Loading speed is slow as compared to other platforms.
- Basic features are free but hosting charges are paid.
Below is a table of differentiation between Weebly and Joomla:
|1.||It is a platform to create websites, e-commerce stores, blogging sites etc.||It is a content management platform for building websites and web applications.|
|2.||Weebly was founded by David Rusenko, Dan Veltri and Chris Fannin.||It was developed by the members of the Open Source Matters Incorporation and Joomla community.|
|3.||It is not an open-source platform.||It is a free and open-source platform.|
|4.||It provides only 70 pre-built themes.||It provides more than 1000 free templates.|
|5.||It supports web-based, android based and iPhone based platforms.||It only supports web-based platforms.|
|6.||It lacks some good features like asset sharing, commenting etc.||It allows asset sharing and commenting features.|
|8.||It provides simple analytic tools for tracking business performance.||It provides more marketing and analytic tools for tracking business performance.|
|9.||It’s customers include Freelancers, small businesses and mid-size businesses.||It’s customers include Freelancers, small businesses, mid-size businesses and large enterprises.|
|10.||It has better customer support than Joomla through phone, online, knowledge based and video tutorials.||It has good customer support via online chats, knowledge based and video tutorials.|
|11.||It offers free trial period.||It does not offer free trial period.|
|12.||It’s pricing starts from $9 per month.||It’s pricing starts from $199 per user.|
|13.||It is a subscription based platform.||It is not a subscription based platform.|
|14.||It includes CRM, Cataloging/Categorization and Content Library.||It does not include CRM, Cataloging/Categorization and Content Library.|
Please Login to comment...