Ways To Reduce The Loading Time Of Your Website | Set 2
Prerequisite: Ways To Reduce The Loading Time Of Website | Set 1 In the above article, we described four methods, namely:
- Optimize Images
- Enable Compression
- Browser Caching
In this article, we shall explore five more ways to reduce the loading time of your website.
2. Do away with Unnecessary Plugins Using too many plugins slows down your website to a great extent, resulting in crashes and other technical difficulties. Therefore, it is advised to deactivate or delete the unnecessary plugins. A case study by Mike (http://startbloggingonline.com/speed-up-wordpress/) shows how he decreased his website speed from 4.23 seconds to 1.33 seconds. Plugins contributed to a whopping 86% of the load time.
3. Minimize Redirects Redirects lead to additional HTTP requests, increasing the load time. Thus, keeping these redirects to a minimum is desirable. For responsive websites, you may want the users to be redirected to a mobile version of the site. As per Google, we may perform the following actions to make sure a responsive direct does not slow your site:
- A HTTP redirect may be used to take the mobile user agents to the equivalent URL without intermediate redirects.
- The markup may be included in your webpages to specify your mobile equivalent URL, so that Googlebot can discover your mobile pages.
4. Use Content Delivery Network Content Delivery Network is a system of distributed servers, which delivers web content based on the user’s geographical location. Access to your site from a faster server near your user’s geographical location will greatly reduce the loading time. Popular Content Delivery Networks include:
- Amazon CloudFront
This article is contributed by Nihar Ranjan Sarkar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Please Login to comment...