Walmart Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
In Placement season 2021-22 Walmart Labs Visited our campus
Round 1(Coding Round): Platform was HackerEarth time duration was 1 hour. [100 Marks ]
- 30 MCQs (Moderate Level Core CS questions) 1 marks each
- Coding question 1-We have to find minimum length of matching substrings among two strings.[simple HashMap] 20 Marks
- Coding question 2-Variation of this question Minimum number of jumps with max k jumps allowed at a time. [50 Marks]
Round 2(Technical Round-1): Platform was Zoom time duration was 40 mins. Started with an Introduction. It was completely based on OOPs he asked every major concept of OOPs with some unconventional questions. Every question has follow-ups
- Abstract class Vs Interface. Why do we need an Abstract class if we have an interface?
- Pure Virtual functions vs Virtual Function
- Which is better i=i+1 or i++ from compilers perspective
- Can Program execute without Main function
- What is the difference between Inheritance and Polymorphism? then follow up question can we achieve inheritance with polymorphism
- What is the interface in C++?[ yes C++ ]
- What is return via value, return via reference, return via address
- Does the heap memory get de-allocated after Program Execution?
- In detail Static Memory allocation and Dynamic memory Allocation(DMA). Does Static Allocation has anything to deal with static variables? Static variables vs global variables, then Why we need static variables if we have global variables.
- Finally some queries about Types of Joins in MYSQL. inner join, outer join, full join, left join, right join.
Round 3(Technical Round-2): Platform was Zoom time duration was 1 hour. He was a serious manager, simply said we are not going to waste any time solve the first question completely then we will see about the second question. I have to write the whole code from scratch for both the questions and also have to pass all the given test cases.
- Check whether the given Binary tree is BST, he realized that I know this question so he told me that you have to solve this via some different approach.
- You are given a matrix of 0 and 1 and you have to find all the zeros which are completely covered by 1’s
For Ex: [1,1,1,1] [1,0,0,1] here the answer is 2 [1,1,1,1] [1,0,1,1] [1,1,1,1] [1,0,1,1] here the answer is 0 [1,0,0,1] [1,0,1,1]
there are some edge cases over which both codes were tested.
Round 4(Hiring Manager Round): Platform was Zoom time duration was 30 mins. Started with Tell me something about yourself.
- Why Walmart?
- Where did you see yourself after 5 years?
- Apart from academics, what are your hobbies?
- Random Question about what is cloud.
- Questions about projects.
- Questions about Previous internships.