Walmart Interview Experience for SDE-2 | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
Walmart Global Tech visited our campus for hiring students for the role of SDE 2. There were a total of 4 rounds.
Round 1 (Coding Test): This was an online coding assessment. The platform was HackerEarth and the time duration was 1 hour.
- 10 technical MCQs on OOPS, OS, DBMS, Networking, and SQL
- 2 coding questions based on graphs and strings
A total of 26 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 2 (Technical Round – 75 Mins): This round was conducted on Zoom. The interviewer started with a brief introduction of myself. Then he asked me about my projects and a few questions based on my resume. After this, he asked me the following questions:
- Difference between C, C++, Java, and Python.
- He asked me to code a program to check if a string is a palindrome or not. I wrote a function for this but the interviewer asked me to do this via recursion too.
- What are inheritance and polymorphism?
- What is normalisation?
- Difference between DBMS and RDBMS.
- Difference between Dynamic memory allocation and Static memory allocation.
- Difference between constants and variables?
- What is a memory leak?
- What is exception handling?
- He then asked me to write a code for finding whether a number is an Armstrong number or not using a while loop and do-while loop.
- Difference between while and do-while loop.
- After this, he showed me the following pattern and asked me the number of ‘for’ loops that will be required to write this pattern.
A ABA ABCBA ABCDCBA ABCDEDCBA
- What is ASCII value? How can we convert ASCII to char and char to ASCII?
- What are preprocessor directives?
After this round, 18 students were selected for the next round.
Round 3 (Technical Round – 70 mins): It started with my introduction but then the interviewer skipped asking me about my resume in this round. He asked me the following questions:
- How do we add repositories on git?
- After this, he started checking my knowledge in different data structures:
- What is a multidimensional array?
- How do we take the input and output of a 2D array?
- What is a Linked List?
- Difference between array and linked list.
- What is a stack and the meaning of different operations with examples
- What is a queue and the meaning of different operations with examples
- Explain linear search with example
- Explain binary search with example
- Explain bubble sort with an example
- Explain quick sort with an example
- He showed me a SQL query and asked me to explain it.
- Write a SQL query to find the second maximum salary from a given table.
- He again asked me about polymorphism and inheritance.
- What is exception handling and explain it via a code
- What is multithreading?
- Difference between process and thread
- How do we declare an object in C++ and Java?
- Then he asked me a puzzle – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-1-how-to-measure-45-minutes-using-two-identical-wires/
In between the interview, he also asked me to show my whole room by rotating my camera.
In this round, 13 students were shortlisted.
Round 4 (Technical Round – 35 mins): The interview asked for my introduction and asked me some questions about my resume. He then asked me the following question:
- Difference between Linear data structures and non-linear data structures.
- He then asked me to code a program to check whether the input string of parentheses is valid or not. – https://leetcode.com/problems/valid-parentheses/
Results were announced by the end of the day, and a total of 10 students were selected for the role of FTE.