Walmart CodeHers Interview Experience
Round 1(MCQ Challenge):
- It was an MCQ round on Dare2Compete platform.
- It consists of 30 questions to be answered in 25 minutes.
- The level of questions was Easy-Medium.
Round 2(Coding Challenge):
- It was also on Dare2Compete platform.
- It consists of 2 coding questions and duration was 90 minutes.
- Questions were from DP and Backtracking. The level of questions was Medium-Hard.
Shortlisting Criteria for Interview
- Minimum 60% in MCQ Round
- Minimum 50% in Coding Challenge
Round 3(Technical Interview Round):
- SQL query to find names of all employees that start with “Mu”
- SQL query to find second highest salary
- A string is given of even length. Break it into 2 equal halves and find if 2 halves are alike or not. Here alike means that the number of vowels should be equal in both the halves.
- book – alike
- textbook – not alike
- Given array of strings find kth distinct string.
- s=[“a”, “b”, “c”, “a”], k=2 Output will be “c” (2nd distinct string)
- s=[“aa”, “aaa”, “aaa”, “aaaa” ], k=2 Output will be “aaaa” (2nd distinct string)
- Bankers Algorithm
- What are scheduling algorithms with example
- 3-4 questions about projects that I have done
Tips: Coding question’s problem statement was a bit confusing. Take your time to understand the problem and do resolve your confusion with interviewer. Make sure you know about your projects.
Round 4(HR Round):
- Project discussion
- Strengths with real-life example
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- Why Walmart
- What you will do if client is not satisfied
- What will you do if you don’t agree with manager’s feedback
- What is your biggest achievement
- If you are given a chance what will you change in past
Verdict: SELECTED for 6 months SDE Intern