Virtusa Interview Experience (On-Campus) 2023
Virtusa visited our college in July 2022. It was an On-Campus recruitment drive. There were two roles:
- Regular Coder
- Power Coder
It consists of 3 rounds in total which are:-
- Aptitude Round:
- It consists of questions from the following categories: Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Verbal, Communication, Programming Logic, and Coding Questions (4 coding questions for the regular coder role and 3 additional coding questions for the power coder role.)
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Total students who cleared Aptitude Round = 150 students
I had solved all the MCQs & 3 Coding Questions (from the regular coder section).
Just the next day after the online test (aptitude round), I received a mail, from our college TPO stating that I had been selected for the Regular Coder role, and my interview is scheduled after 5 days. It was an one-day interview process (TR+HR).
Technical Round (25-30 minutes):
- Write the code structure of Encapsulation.
- What are the different types of Access Specifiers?
- Why we don’t declare “functions” using a “private access” specifier?
- How can we bind/encapsulate a huge number of classes (for eg, 100) into a single library?
- How to create our own library in C++?
- What are the various types of algorithms?
- If data is “humongous” & “unsorted”, which searching and sorting technique will you perform
- Differentiate between Merge and Quick sort.
- Difference between Iteration and Recursion.
- Write code using recursion for the below-given condition:-
- If ‘A’, increment salary by 1000
- If ‘B’, increment salary by 500
- If ‘C’, increment salary by 0
- What are the different types of joins?
- Give an example for Inner join and Right-Outer join.
- Gave 2 tables and asked to perform the Inner join.
- Which keyword is used for joining tables?
- Difference between Primary and Unique key.
- Difference between Schema and Table.
- How many types of styles are there in CSS?
- Name some certifications you have done along with their source.
- Do you have any questions for me?
Total students who cleared Technical Round = 42 students
Students who cleared Technical Round were eligible to sit for the HR Round.
HR Round (10-15 minutes):
- Any reason for choosing this particular college?
- Are you ready to relocate?
- Have you done any internships? Explain your role in it.
- Are you ready to sign an agreement (2 years bond)?
- Brief me about your recent project.
- Are you ready to work on Python or Java?
- Why do you want to join Virtusa if there are other IT industries in the market?
- Be thorough with all the basic concepts and syntax of programming language (the one you have selected), OOP, and DBMS.
- Be confident in your answer (if you are sure about it) as the interviewer will confuse you a lot.
- If you don’t know any concept or any answer, directly say “NO” Don’t try to make stuff up.