Veritas Technologies Interview Experience | On-campus 2021
Online Test on HackerRank: 15 MCQs on OOPS, CN, DBMS, and Basic programming (pointers, find the output of a program).
Two coding questions:
- Reverse an array without using extra space and in-built function. (I used a two-pointer approach here).
- Rolling string (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/roll-characters-string/)
One needs to do both the coding question and pass all the test cases to move on to the next round.
Technical Interview: This round lasted for around 1 hour 15 minutes.
First, he introduced himself and asked me to do the same. Then he asked me to rate myself out of 10 (DSA, ML, Web development Databases, OS). He was keeping a note of these.
- Most of the questions were based on OS.
- Why do we need paging?
- What are the Coffman conditions?
- What is Interprocess Communication?
- Internal working of free() in C.
- Write code for swapping the first and last node of a LinkedList (singly).
- Internal working of hash functions. (Linear probing, chaining, their advantages, etc).
- Copy of Write.
- fork() system call.
- 7 layers of OSI model, with a small explanation about each layer.
- Gave me a code of mutex and asked me to find out what the error was.
Asked me about some Linux OS questions, but I told him frankly that I have very minimal knowledge of Linux, so he didn’t ask more questions.
Managerial Interview: This interview lasted for about 1 hour.
He talked about himself and about Veritas. Later, we had a discussion on my projects. The tech stack that I used, the business aspect of my project, and my internship experience.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? How are you working to improve yourself?
- I told him that I was a team leader in numerous instances, so he asked me about an instance where we encountered a quarrel while working as a team and how did I resolve it.
- Asked me about Cloud computing platforms. (What is VPC, subnets etc)
- What are the two technologies or domains that you are most interested in? (I answered: Big Data and Cloud)
- Left View of a Binary Tree (logic only)
- Runtime polymorphism and Abstract classes.
- A real-life example of different types of Inheritance.
- ACID Properties in DBMS.
- SQL vs NoSQL Database.
- Asked me to design a system. (Assigning jobs to servers).
HR Interview: It was a rather small and friendly interaction.
- He asked me about my family background, my hobbies.
- Why Veritas?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What good do you want to do for our society?
- At last, he discussed the salary breakdown and told about the work culture at Veritas.
NOTE: All rounds of interviews were very professional and friendly. My suggestion would be to prepare Trees and Linked-list thoroughly. Also, study OS and OOPs and CN in depth. But most importantly, present yourself. Interact throughout the interview and end the interview on a good note. Maybe ask the interviewer an interesting question at the end of the round.
FINAL VERDICT: SELECTED
Please Login to comment...