Veritas Interview Experience for ASE Freshers (On-Campus) 2023
I appeared for the Veritas test + interview in August 2022 through college placement for an Associate Software Engineer role. A total 4 rounds were conducted. The whole procedure was in a virtual mode which was conducted in one day only.
- SSC, HSC, Diploma: 60% & above
- Engineering: 6.75CGPA & above
Round 1 Aptitude: This aptitude round was conducted on hacker rank, it had 2 sections
- CS fundamental MCQs.
- Coding questions.
- So in the first sections, the questions were based on the cs fundamental subjects that are OS, CN, OOP, Java, Cloud, DevOps, Linux, and logical aptitude. There were 20 questions.
- The second section was a coding section in which there were two problems, the first problem was compulsorily in python and the second had no language restrictions. Only those who solved both problems qualified for the next round.
- Remove consonants and remove vowels.
- Convert binary bit to string.
Result: Out of 101 students 21 qualified for the technical round.
Round 2 Technical Interview: In the interview, two interviewers were there to take interview and it started with an introduction. The following questions were asked me:
• Tell me about yourself.
• Questions on projects and internships.
• Questions of Machine Learning, OOP, OS basics, Linux basics, DevOps basics.
• Basic SQL queries.
• Python questions based on operations on strings, dictionaries, lists, and tuples.
• Code for the frequency of each element in the array.
The interview went on for around an hour.
Result: 11 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 3 (Managerial round): In this round communication skills are tested as well as their focus is on checking that if you are fit for this job or not. The following questions were asked to me in this round.
• Why veritas?
• Why DevOps?
• How are you fit for this job?
• Extracurricular activities
• Products of veritas
• My failures
• Common HR questions
Result: 6 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round 4 (Hr): The HR round lasted for 15-20 minutes it was similar to the managerial round.
• Why should we hire you?
• Family background
• What will you bring to the company?
Result: 3 students were selected after this round.