Unified Mobile Application
The Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance or UMANG is a single platform that allows all Indian citizens to access pan-India e-Government services from central to local government organizations, as well as additional citizen-centric services. UMANG plans to supply important services provided by Central and state government agencies, local governments, and other private-sector utility services. It offers a unified approach in which individuals may download a single app to access different government services. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s (MeitY) Digital India program introduced an app that is UMANG. The software provides a uniform interface for a variety of pan-India e-government services, including income tax filing, Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) services, Aadhaar, pension, ePathshala, e-Land Records, crop insurance, and more.
Characteristics of Umang App:
The characteristics of the UMANG App are as follows:
- Aadhaar and Digilocker are two prominent customer-centric services that are seamlessly integrated with UMANG.
- It offers a unified approach, allowing you to install a single application to access a variety of government services.
- UMANG is available on a variety of platforms, including smartphones, feature phones, tablets, and PCs, and may be accessed via mobile applications, the web, IVR, and SMS.
- The multimedia interface of UMANG is designed to maximize usability and enhance the user experience.
In addition to English, UMANG supports more than ten Indian languages.
Key Highlights of Umang App:
The app is intended for all Indian nationals and includes hundreds of services such as payment, registration, information search, and application forms. It is a part of the Digital India project, which aims to make government services available to the public online, at all hours of the day.
The app was created by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in collaboration with the National e-Governance Division and unveiled in November 2017 during the Global Conference on Cyberspace in New Delhi by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The app launched with 162 services from 33 state and federal government ministries, as well as four states.
- Users will be able to view their city’s weather prediction in advance by utilizing the IMD services on the App.
- There are more than 150 different services available from the central and state governments.
- To simplify the app interface, services have been categorized as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated, and Suggested.
- Using the in-app filter, you can easily find a specific service from the State or Central Government.
- It is available in 12 regional languages, including Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu, and Urdu, apart from English.
- The payment of various utility bills such as gas, water, electricity, and others can also be done online.
- Digilocker and Aadhaar are other key integrations offered by the application.
List of Services Available on the UMANG App:
- Digilocker: A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing, and verifying documents and certificates.
- Aadhaar Card: From the Digilocker account, users may view and/or download your Aadhaar Card.
- EPFO: Using UAN and an OTP sent to your registered cellphone number, you may check your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, and more on UMANG.
- NPS: Using the UMANG App to log in to your National Pension System account, you may check the balances of your Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts using your PRAN and password.
Steps to Use the UMANG App:
- Step 1: Download the UMANG app.
- Step 2: Fill out your ‘Profile’ with personal information like your name, phone number, and age. You can also add a profile picture.
- Step 3: You may link your Aadhaar number to other social media accounts and the app.
- Step 4: After creating your profile, log in and visit the ‘Sort & Filter’ area to browse the services and categories.
- Step 5: Use the search feature to find certain service
The goal of UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance) is to make e-governance more accessible. In India, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Government Division (NeGD) established Mobile Governance. It offers users a unified approach to accessing different government services. The UMANG service is offered through a variety of channels, including mobile applications, and the web.
Please Login to comment...