Understanding Test Management Process
Prerequisite: Software Testing
As like design and development, software testing is also one important part of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). During the testing phase of software development, testing activities are managed well to complete the testing process smoothly and on time as well.
Test Management :
Test Management is a process where testing activities are managed to ensure high-quality and high-end testing of software applications. This method consists of tracking, organization, controlling process, checks the visibility of the testing process in order to deliver a high-quality software application. It makes sure the software testing process run as expected.
Test Management Process :
It is a software process that manages the start to the end of all software testing activities. This management process provides planning, controlling, tracking, and monitoring facilities throughout the whole group cycle, these process includes several activities like test case design and test execution, test planning, etc. It also gives initial plan and discipline specifications to the software testing process.
- Works in collaboration with test analyst and technical test analyst to select and customizes the appropriate templates and also establish standards.
- Provides all facilities to keep track and control the testing throughout the project.
- Gives the clear concept of understanding of the testing activity of the prior upcoming project and also post ones
Test management process has two main parts of test Management Process:
- Risk analysis
- Test Estimation
- Test planning
- Testing Activity
- Issue Management
- Test report and evolution
The activity of the test process :
- Test plan –
Rough sketches are served in order to test plans to convey the process of testing. Gives a clear vision of the complete testing process.
- Test design –
Test design affords the implementation process of testing.
- Test execution –
It shows the actual system result against the expected result during test execution.
- Exit criteria –
It gives the signal when to stop the test execution process.
- Test reporting –
Test reporting picturizes the test process and result for the particular testing cycle.
Some commonly used tools are listed below-
- Test Collab
- Reuses current test and compares the results with last trials.
- Prevents duplicate issues
- Enables conceptual graphical visualization regarding reports
- Reports errors via email
- Combines easily with automation tools and C
- Deals with tests accordingly to the requirements effortlessly
- Integrated quickly with slack
- Deals test based on cycle and sprints
- It is not cost-effective
- Doesn’t support cloud-based application
- No mobile app support