Tumblr vs Weebly
With the advancement of technology, different sectors are shifting from traditional marketing to digital marketing. Each and every organization whether small or big wants to have a digital presence so they want to build their websites, portfolios, blogs etc. but making websites or web applications is a complex and time-consuming task which requires coding skills. Hence to solve this problem, many organizations have provided website building and content management platforms which make it easy to create web applications. Two such platforms are Weebly and Tumblr which provides different services to build websites and web applications for personal or commercial use.
Tumblr can be understood as a social networking platform made for posting micro-blogs. It was developed by David Karp in 2007. Currently, it is owned by Yahoo and Automattic. It helps the users to post blogs with all the multimedia facilities, users can easily customize the blog apart from the themes available.
Advantages of Tumblr
- It comes with a user-friendly interface which can be easily customized according to the user’s ease.
- It provides free SSL (Secure socket layer) for safeguarding data.
- It blocks the display of ads on blog themes.
- It has an advanced tagging feature which allows tagging full sentences along with spaces.
Disadvantages of Tumblr
- It does not allow much plugin access.
- It is good for the short form of blogs but not good for long-form content.
Advantages of Weebly
- It provides a simple interface with easy tools to build applications without HTML knowledge.
- It provides pre-built themes which can be customized easily.
- It has an auto-save feature which helps in saving data and progress in case of system crashes.
- It is an all-in-one platform for building online stores, web applications, blogs etc.
- It has an in-built payment option.
Disadvantages of Weebly
- It does not have good image editing options.
- It provides only 500 MB storage in connect plan.
- Blogging features are limited.
Below is a table of differentiation between Weebly and Tumblr:
|1.||It is a micro-blogging platform for posting blogs.||It is a platform to create websites, e-commerce stores, blogging sites etc.|
|2.||It was founded by David Karp.||Weebly was founded by David Rusenko, Dan Veltri and Chris Fannin.|
|3.||SEO options are good for bloggers.||It provides better SEO functionalities.|
|4.||No payment option is available as it is a micro-blogging site.||It allows credit card processing functionality for payment.|
|5.||Tumblr supports only the English language.||It provides multilingual capabilities for building applications.|
|6.||It is a free blogging platform which does not charge any cost from its users for using its functionalities.||Weebly provides 4 plans, Basic is free, Connect costs $5 per month, Pro costs $12 per month and the Business plan is of $25 per month.|
|7.||It does not have an alert or notification feature.||It provides alert notifications for different tasks like user comments, follows etc.|
|8.||It does not have any analytic tools.||It provides analytic tools for tracking website performance.|