The Technical Scripter Event 2019 By GeeksforGeeks
Are you a technical geek? Do you love reading about the latest technologies like Quantum Computing or Data Science and then writing articles about them? Or maybe you are interested in programming languages like Python, Java, etc. and love exploring more about them?
In either case, GeeksforGeeks has a great opportunity for you! We have created the Technical Scripter Event for all the Geeks like you who love learning new things and then sharing them with the world! This event will allow you to showcase your technical and writing skills and also win prizes for them. So it’s a win-win situation!
The Technical Scripter Event gives you a chance to write and submit Technical Blogs or Articles based on any topic in the computer science world like cutting-edge technologies or programming languages. And the good news is that the deadline for this event has been extended to 11th February 2020 because of the overwhelming response from geeks like you! We have already received lots of articles so hurry up, submit your own articles and win exciting prizes at GeeksforGeeks!
Highlights of the Technical Scripter Event
- This event is open from 20 September 2019 to 11 February 2020. You can write and Submit Technical Blogs, Articles or anything related to the computer science world.
- In-office internship opportunity for top 50 participants.
- Goodies (2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses for all participants.
- Cash Prizes for the Top 5 Winners.
- The Winners would be declared on the Basis of Public Voting for select topics.*
- Chance to get Geek of the Month award.
*In case of any issues, GeeksforGeeks hold the right of final decision.]
Benefits of Participating in the Event
There are many benefits you can gain from the Technical Scripter Event. And we are not even talking about the prizes, those are just an extra bonus!!! So let’s see the benefits:
- Writing articles for the Technical Scripter Event will only improve your knowledge about the topics you are passionate about!!! It’s obvious that you’ll have to study these topics inside out which will make you the resident expert in the field you focus on.
- If you are a student preparing for the placement season, then this event is the best thing for you! You can write articles on topics like Algorithms & Data Structures, C, C++, Java, Python, etc. which will teach you in detail and also help with the technical interviews in your placements.
- If you participate and win in the Technical Scripter Event, it is a bonus that will add value to your resume. This will also help you shine in your interviews and secure your dream job!
Topics to Write On
You can write on any computer science topic in the Technical Scripter Event. However, this topic should not previously exist on GeeksforGeeks. If you are not sure about which topic you want to write on, then go to Write On Suggested Topic. There you can select the topic you want to write on by clicking on the Write option and then selecting Pick for Technical Scripter.
Some of the different types of topics that you can select are mentioned in the list below. You can refer to them in case you are confused about which topic to pick but you are by no means restricted to only these topics.
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Competitive Programming
- Programming Languages (C, C++, Java, Python, C#, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Go, Web Technology, etc.)
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Tech Tips and Tricks
- Linux Hacks
- Secure Coding
- Technical Blogs
- Design based articles
- Interesting Facts
- Cracking Technical Interviews
Note: Articles on library functions are not accepted under the Technical Scripter Event.
Prizes to be Won
There are many Cash Prizes and Goodies to be won!
- 1st Prize: INR 10,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 2nd Prize: INR 7,500 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 3rd Prize: INR 5,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 4th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 5th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 6th -10th Prize: GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 11th -50th Prize: Goodies(2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + In Office Internship opportunity + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- Assured Reward* : Goodie (2 Pens, 1 Keychain) + INR 200 OFF coupon valid on all courses.
* Each participant who manages to publish atleast one article will be rewarded.
Note that under this Technical Scripter Event, cash prize payments will be done to only Indian bank account holders.
How to Submit your Article?
Want to write an article for the Technical Scripter Event? Then don’t waste too much time thinking and just go on and write one! These are the guidelines you can use to submit your article or blog at GeeksforGeeks:
- Click on https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/ and submit your article under Write in Technical-Scripter.
- If you are not sure which topic you want to write on, then Click on https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/ and go to Write On Suggested Topic. Then you can select the topic you want to write on by clicking on the WRITE option and then selecting Pick for Technical Scripter as shown in the image.
- Use these guidelines to write the article – https://contribute.geeksforgeeks.org/guide-to-write-an-article/
- Any plagiarism detected in the article will disqualify the author.
- In case of any doubt please contact your respective Campus Ambassador or you can also drop a mail to email@example.com.
- How to choose a topic for writing an article?
- What are the benefits of interning as a content writer at GeeksforGeeks?
Please Login to comment...