Tekion Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Tekion visited UVCE in August 2021. There were four rounds. Each round was an elimination round. Students who applied were shortlisted based on their CGPA. All the rounds were conducted Virtually.
Round 1: Online test and Coding Round
This round was hosted on the HackerEarth platform. It consisted of 18 MCQs and 2 coding problems. The duration was 75 minutes.
- MCQs were from DSA, Java, and DBMS.
- 1st question – https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/basic-programming/implementation/basics-of-implementation/pract…
- 2nd question – A phone charges at various rates at various charge levels. Given the charge level of the phone, find the time the phone takes to reach the target charge level.
- I was able to solve the 1st question completely and the 2nd question partially. Finally, 23 members were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
It began with my introduction.
Then two coding questions were asked.
- Reverse a stack without using any external data structure. Initially, I had no idea how to solve this problem. But the interviewer helped me by giving some hints and finally I was able to solve it.
- Find the merging point of two linked lists. I was told that no hints would be provided by the interviewer, but I knew the problem and I solved it quite easily.
- Then questions on Indexing in DBMS, Polymorphism, the difference between Process and Thread, Semaphores and Mutex.
- This round lasted around 60 minutes.
Round 3: Technical Interview 2
This round began with my introduction again
- Then the interviewer asked me to explain my project and why I chose MySQL for managing the database.
- Then the same questions Indexing, the difference between Process and Thread, Semaphores and Mutex. ( As I hadn’t answered it properly in the 1st round ).
Later 3 coding questions were asked
- In an array of elements ( 1 <= a[i] <= n ), one element will be repeated. Find both the repeating and the missing elements.
- In an array of elements ( 1 <= a[i] <= n ) find the frequency of occurrence of numbers 1 to n without using any extra space (not even a hashmap). I was about to quit this question, the interviewer gave me a hint and then I was able to solve it. He was telling me that I have missed an edge case, I didn’t get what was that edge case and he moved to the next question.
- Given a binary tree, for each node in the tree, replace the node value with the sum of its children subtrees.
- This round lasted around 50 minutes.
Round 4: HR Round
Questions about my family, weakness, one thing our college would have been better at, and other HR questions. It lasted around 20 minutes.
- Practice coding as much as possible.
- Think out loud. It helps if you don’t know the correct answer. And also the interviewer will get to know how you approach a problem.
- Know your Resume COMPLETELY.