The submission dates for this event are over. We will soon reveal the voting guidelines. Stay Tuned!
Everyone knows that the tech enthusiasts hold a strong passion for reading articles – whether it be about their specific domain, cutting-edge technologies, source codes & programs, or any other (and yes, it’s really a good practice!!). However, the thing which only a few know is that these tech geeks often like to articulate their learnings or showcase their expertise in a particular area through their writings and want to share it with the right audience as well. Although, due to the lack of opportunities or resources, most of the individuals don’t even get a single chance to showcase their technical & writing skills.
But like always, GeeksforGeeks has got your back and is coming up with a great opportunity i.e., Technical Scripter Event where all the geeks out there can showcase their technical & writing skills and can share it with anyone across the world! Moreover, you don’t need to step out of your house to participate in the event as you can write and submit your article sitting at your home. And yes, all the participants of the Technical Scripter Event will be rewarded with some exciting prizes too.
A renowned platform, a worthwhile opportunity, ease of participation, and interesting prizes – What else you need?
Technical Scripter Event Details
The Technical Scripter Event will give you a chance to write and submit Technical Blogs or Articles based on any topic in the computer science world like trending technologies, programming languages, etc. However, you must remember that the topic should not be already covered on GeeksforGeeks. Also, there are not any eligibility criteria or entry fees to participate in the event i.e., anyone can take part in the Technical Scripter Event. Furthermore, if we talk about Results, the winners would be declared on the basis of Public Voting for the selected topics. Check out the last year’s winners from Technical Scripter 2019 Winners.
- Event Date: 20 Oct 2020 –
19 Jan 202125th Feb 2021
Topics to Write On
You can write on any computer science topic in the Technical Scripter Event. However, this topic should not previously exist on GeeksforGeeks. If you are not sure about which topic you want to write on, then go to Write On Suggested Topic. There you can select the topic you want to write on by clicking on the Write option and then selecting Pick for Technical Scripter.
Some of the different types of topics that you can select are mentioned in the list below. You can refer to them in case you are confused about which topic to pick but you are by no means restricted to only these topics.
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Competitive Programming
- Programming Languages (C, C++, Java, Python, C#, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Go, Web Technology, etc.)
- Machine Learning, Big Data & Hadoop and Data Science
- Computer Science Subjects
- Tech Tips and Tricks
- Linux Hacks
- Secure Coding
- Technical Blogs
- Design based articles
- School Learning
Note: Articles on library functions are not accepted under the Technical Scripter Event.
Why You Should Participate?
By all means, the Technical Scripter Event is not only about writing tech articles and winning prizes but it is something bigger than that. Let’s take a look at several noteworthy benefits that you can gain from the Technical Scripter Event:
- As you’ll be required to study the topic or subject in-depth before writing the Technical Scripter Event, hence it’ll surely enhance your knowledge and provide you the expertise in the particular niche.
- The top 50 participants of the Technical Scripter Event will also get the internship opportunity at GeeksforGeeks.
- In the end, the thing which will matter more than the prizes is the utmost experience and exposure you’d gain from the event. Also, it will add value to your resume and give you an edge over others during placement opportunities.
Note: In case of any issues, GeeksforGeeks holds the right to the final decision.
Prizes to be Won
Indeed, the rewards and prizes are the best way to encourage the efforts of participants & motivates them to participate in the future as well. Hence, there are many Cash Prizes and Goodies for all the participants in the Technical Scripter Event:
- 1st Prize: INR 10,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 2nd Prize: INR 7,500 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 3rd Prize: INR 5,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 4th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 5th Prize: INR 2,000 Cash Prize + GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + Certificate + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 6th -10th Prize: GeeksforGeeks Goodies’ bag + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- 11th -50th Prize: Goodies(2 Pens, 1 GeeksforGeeks Sticker) + In-Office Internship opportunity + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses
- Assured Reward*: Goodie (2 Pens, 1 GeeksforGeeks Sticker) + INR 500 OFF coupon valid on all courses.
* Each participant who manages to publish at least one article will be rewarded.
Note: The Cash Prizes are not Applicable for the Participants Outside India.
How to Submit Your Article?
The process of writing and submitting the article for the Technical Scripter Event is quite easy- yes, all you need to do is follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below:
1. Click on https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/ and write & submit your article under Write in Technical-Scripter.
2. If you are confused or don’t have any topic to write on, then Click on https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/ and Go to Write On Suggested Topic. Then you can select the topic you want to write on by clicking on the WRITE option and then selecting Pick for Technical Scripter as shown in the image.
3. You can use these guidelines to write the article – https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-write/
4. Any plagiarism detected in the article will disqualify you from the event.
5. In case of any doubt please contact your respective Campus Ambassador or you can also drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Needless to say, the Technical Scripter Event is a striking opportunity to enhance your technical and writing skills with a chance to win some exciting prizes which are just like icing on the cake!!