TCS Ninja Interview Experience (On-Campus) 2022-23
l applied for TCS-NQT Exam on June-23 through my college’s placement section. This TCS-NQT exam was only for selected colleges. The TCS-NQT exam was conducted on the 3rd of June 2022.
The eligibility criteria for this drive included:
- All branches were eligible.
- Minimum of 60% in X, XII, and graduation
- Up to 1 active backlog at the time of appearing for the exam.
- No more than 24 months of education gap
- Age between 18 and 28
- Prior work experience of up to 2 years
Round 1 – Online Assessment Test
This round was a remote/on-site computer-based test for 3 hours
- Foundation: The foundation section consisted of aptitude, logical reasoning, and verbal ability-based questions with easy to moderate difficulty. Here, time management is extremely important. In my case, I took a lot of time on aptitude questions, which limited my time on verbal and logical reasoning questions. We weren’t allowed to go back to the previous questions or change sections.
- Advanced: The advanced section consisted of aptitude, logical reasoning, and verbal ability-based questions with hard difficulty, but were few in number. This section also contained a coding subsection which was optional for Ninja candidates. In the coding subsection, there were two questions:
- Find the string from a given input binary array, where a set of 4 binary digits represented a character from ‘a’ to ‘p’. For example:
Input: 00110101 Output: de Explanation: Input size n = 8, so there will be two characters in the output string. Taking first group, i.e, 0011: The first '0' tells us that the character lies between 'a' and 'h' The second '0' tells us that the character lies between 'a' and 'd' The third '1' tells us that the character lies between 'c' and 'd' The fourth '1' tells us that the character is 'd' Taking first group, i.e, 0101: The first '0' tells us that the character lies between 'a' and 'h' The second '1' tells us that the character lies between 'e' and 'h' The third '0' tells us that the character lies between 'e' and 'f' The fourth '1' tells us that the character is 'f'
2. Find the reverse of a number
Although I was able to solve both the questions, due to an error in the software, only the second one got submitted.
Read through the instructions carefully before attempting the questions.
I was selected for the Ninja Profile and my interview was held on 16th July 2022.
Round 2 – Interview Round
The interview process generally consists of three rounds, i.e. Technical Round, Managerial Round, and HR Round. The final number of rounds depends on the interviewer panels taking the interview. For me, they decided to merge all the rounds into one round, which had me worried at first.
The interview started with the Technical Interviewer asking me about myself and my favorite technologies. I told him C, C++, Basic Java, and Python. Seeing that I know basic Java he jumped at asking me questions related to Java, such as:
- What is OOPs?
- Why use Java?
- How is Java platform independent?
- What are Singleton classes and Design Patterns in general?
He then turned to questions based on Computer Networks like:
- How does a browser interact with a server? Explain the whole process.
- What is a port?
- How to locate the server?
He then asked me about my projects and internships. He asked me basic questions on them to see if I understood what I was doing.
Then the HR Interviewer started asking me questions that are typical HR round questions such as:
- What is your approach to solving a problem?
- What are your interests?
- What are you most proud of about yourself?
- What was your study approach?
Then the Technical Interviewer asked me one last aptitude-based question on how would you make 4 triangles with 6 matchsticks.
Although I was able to answer many questions, I was still not confident of getting selected. Neverthless after a week, I got an email from my college Placement section saying that I was selected for Ninja Profile.