TCS Digital Interview Experience through NQT
TCS conducts two tests for off campus hiring. One is TCS codevita where you have to write code for 5 questions. If you solve at least one question, you will be called for interview. Based on the interview they will offer either Ninja role or Digital role .
The second test is the NQT(National Qualifier Test) which had two rounds, online test and personnel Interview. The online test had four sections, quantitative, logical, verbal and a coding question. If you clear the NQT with good marks, you will get a mail for the digital test. Now the digital test will have the same section as that of NQT but the difficulty will be on the higher side. If you score well in the digital test, you will be called for the interview for digital role. The interview would have two rounds.
The interviewer asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked me to explain the projects that I have written in my resume which was followed by some rapid questions based on the project.
- What is gradient descent?
- What is backpropagation?
- What are the activation functions that you have used?
- What are some limitation of your project?
- What are the performance metrics that you have used to evaluate model?
- Then he shifted to core CS subjects.
- What happens when you type www.google.com?
- What is the difference between TCP/IP and UDP?
- What is a heap?
- What is normalization?
- What is a weak entity set?
- What is the difference between primary key, candidate key and super key?
- Write a query to find the third-highest salary from the employee’s table.
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell me a situation where you had shown leadership qualities.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Are you a team player? Tell me a situation where you have displayed team effort.
Then the interviewer asked me if I had any questions.
I got the result after 20 days and I was selected for the digital role.