TCS Digital Interview Experience On-Campus
Job Profile- System Engineer
Round 1: Aptitude + Coding assessment. (Online round)
Aptitude & verbal reasoning:
- Verbal (15 questions)
- Quantitative (15 questions)
Coding assessment(two questions):
- First question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/calculate-sum-of-all-numbers-present-in-a-string/
- Second question:https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/distribute-n-candies-among-k-people/
Round 2:Technical +Managerial + HR round (Face to Face Interview)
The flow of the interview was like this:
- Tell me about yourself. (Introduction)
- Tell me about the four pillars of OOPS.
- Since I mentioned Java in my introduction, He asked whether multiple inheritances are supported in java?
- Is there any way to support multiple inheritances in java?
- The output of two codes mentioned in the link-https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/method-overloading-null-error-java/
- What is a synchronized keyword in java?
- Two ways to synchronize code in java? (I was not knowing this)
- Since I mentioned multithreading in java, he asked for two ways to implement multithreading in java.
- What is deadlock? four necessary conditions for deadlock to occur? How to resolve the deadlock in java? (I was not knowing how to resolve it in java).
- What do you understand by digital role?
- Since I mentioned cloud computing, machine learning, IoT in my previous answer ..He asked me what is machine learning?
- Will the machine give the correct output if we train it with the wrong data?
- Give me examples of IoT?
- What one feature of Whatsapp would you like to change?
- How does Pegasus spyware work?
- What is an e-pay scheme of government? (I was unable to answer).
- Tell me five uses of a handkerchief apart from its normal use?
- What will you do if you are given a project such that the deadline is of two days and there is no one to help you out and the client is also impatient and also you know nothing about the technology stack which will be used in the project?
- Do you have any core electronics projects?
- Do you have any problem with relocation?
- Do you have any study breaks or backlogs?
Tips: Have some project in your resume so that you can talk about it otherwise if you don’t have a project, the Interviewer will ask a depth question about the technical skills you mentioned in the resume.