TCS Digital Interview Experience (On-Campus) 2022
Difficulty level: – Medium
The first company to ever interview me was Tata Consultancy Services and I got selected for TCS digital profile via on-campus drive through the TCS NQT test. I cleared the aptitude and coding rounds. The only stage left was the interview. It was completely online and conducted through Microsoft Teams. There were a total of 3 interviewers and hence there was a total of 3 interview rounds. Their videos were turned on, so I could see them and gain confidence and maintain a 2-way interaction.
Round1 (Technical Round): The technical round started with the most popular and basic question i.e. Tell me something about yourself. I introduced myself and also told about my college’s overall CGPA, 10th and 12th marks, mini projects, and my favorite subject which is Database Management System, and also my favorite computer language which is C++. As soon as the interviewer heard about my favorite subject they started asking me questions about it and they are listed as follows: –
- What is a view?
- What are ACID properties?
- What are the languages of SQL?
- Why TRUNCATE cannot be rolled back?
- What is the difference between DELETE and TRUNCATE?
- Suppose a user comes and wants you to delete a particular record, which would you use TRUNCATE or DELETE.
- What is the difference between DDL and DML?
With this, my technical round was over and then my managerial round started.
Round2 (Managerial Round): The managerial round started with the questions on my projects and they included the following questions: –
- What all technologies have you used while making the project?
- Is your project hosted somewhere? If yes, kindly share your screen and show the project.
- Are you currently working on improving your project or not?
- Are you working on some other projects like projects based on Artificial Intelligence?
- How to Measure 4L Water with 3L and 5L Jugs
With this, my managerial round was over and then my HR round started.
Round3 (HR Round): This round was a comparatively easy round for me. The questions asked were: –
- Why did you choose TCS?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to work night shifts?
- Are you willing to work on any project domain?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you?
With this, my HR Round was also over and then I was asked to drop the call and wait for the call from TCS.
Key points from the interview:
- Do not worry about not making a good first impression if you could not. Just progress with the interview and get better and better and most importantly “finish with a bang!”.
- Maintain a cheerful attitude even if you do not get positive feedback.
- Communication with confidence matters the most! You must be able to confidently say “Yes” if you know the answer and thus answer it. You should also be equally confident to say “No” and this is where your complete attitude is exposed.
- Make sure you have a complete idea of what you wrote in your resume and also be extra prepared to talk about something not mentioned in it.
- Ask questions whenever necessary.
- Questions vary depending on the assigned team. Hence, be prepared for anything especially the topics you mentioned in your resume.
Contributed By: – Shivam Singh, SRM Institute of Science and Technology