TCS Digital Interview Experience 2021
We applied directly on the TCS Next Portal site as my college comes under the premium list of TCS. So, we were allowed to directly give the ONLINE CODING ROUND.
Round 1: Online Coding Round
Section 1: English
This section needs a good understanding of English words, comprehension questions took more time while the one-liner questions went smoothly. (Suggestion: Start practicing comprehension questions now )
Section 2: Advanced Quant
If your Mathematical skills and logical thinking are good then this section will be a smooth walk, If not then It will become the toughest section of the whole exam. In my case, I did well in this and completed all questions in this section. (Suggested topic-time/distance, work-time, algebra)
Section 3: Coding Section
Basic or Medium level questions were asked.
- Given a string, check if all the letters of the alphabet are present in that string or not and print all those alphabets that are not present. I used the set concept for this.
- This one was on Dynamic Programming.
I managed to solve both the questions. Suggestion – No proper input, output format was given, so keep 10 minutes in hand for this.
Suggested topic-All standard dynamic programming problems (LCS, LIS, 0/1 knapsack, edit distance, max sum sub-matrix, etc.)
The list of selected students for the interview came 1 week after the coding round. 188 were selected from my college out of 450.
Round 2: Interview Round
The interview started at 9:30 in the morning and we had to sit in front of a laptop until we got our chance for an interview. My turn came at 5:30 in the evening (after 8 hours of waiting). HR, TR, and MR all were present together in the panel. First of all, I was asked to show my Govt ID proof on camera.
Round 3: Managerial Round
- Tell me something that is not in your CV.
- Tell me your weaknesses.
- How are you dealing with them?
Round 3:Technical Round
- What is your preferred language?
- Any Project on that.
- You have won a scholarship in the field of cloud computing, Elaborate.
- Have you tried AWS/Azure?
- Tell me some libraries of Python that you have used.
- Tell me about the panda’s library.
- Any knowledge of Machine Learning?
- What is Linear Regression?
- Tell me about your startup.
- What technologies did you use in that?
- Any Research paper?
- Any Certifications?
- Other than Python, what other languages do you know?
Round 4: HR
- You know about Service Bond.
- Willing to relocate?
- Any problem in doing night shifts?
Suggestion: do make a project on any new technology(ML, IoT, deep-learning, android, block-chain), Have basic knowledge of the latest technologies.
Prepare these Topics well, Resume (Prepare it very well ), DBMS, New Technologies, Project, Basic Codes, Exception Handling, OOPS.
Results: Results were declared the next day, and I got selected for TCS Digital. Out of 188, 38 were selected for Digital Profile.