TCS Digital Interview Experience
After NQT results came I was shortlisted for NINJA TOPPERS TEST also called as DIGITAL test which is written round and it consists of 2 coding questions, which are at easy-medium levels. I solved 2 of my codes and some of my friends who solved 1 problem also got chance for interview.
One of the questions I got is similar to this: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/ways-to-fill-n-positions-using-m-colors-such-that-there-are-exactly-k-pairs-of-adjacent-different-colors/
Basically It will happens in two ways TR+MR+HR at a time for mine first TR+MR and next day the HR round happened.
TR+MR: It starts with greetings and then they take snap of mine along with govt ID proof. Obviously next will be my self introduction. There were 2 panelists.
- What is your favourite subject, I said java. He started asking questions on java.
- What are the data types available in java
- What is inheritance, asked specifically about multilevel, there I explained with an example.
- What are Exceptions how will you handle them.
- Again asked does exceptions occurs while compiling, I said yes and gave an example.
- Asked about oops concepts
- Dynamic memory allocation in C (malloc, calloc)
- He asked do You know UNIX
- I said not too much sir, but I have gone through UNIX as part of my academic curriculum.
- Next He asked what grep command and it types of it
- What is cat and tac commands
- Questions on one of my projects, which was mentioned in my resume.
- Asked query to how to create a table;
- One query related to project, which is similar to getting 2nd highest salary in a table.
- Then he started asking some managerial questions like,
- What is your greatest aspirations, here I told about my dream goal and told that I would like join TCS as my 1st preference, Then he again asked why you choose specifically TCS. I gave proper answer with examples.
- Any higher studies plans
- Will you leave TCS after 5 years if you get better opportunity suggest your answer.
- He ended with Do you have any questions?
- I suggest you don’t hesitate to ask the questions let them know that you are very much interested in joining the company with your questions etc.
HR: Next day the HR was came and I was tensed a little bit because I’m the last person prior to the lunch, that’s why I allowed lately into the interview lobby (The interviewer told me). Even I try to pretend myself to be confident, but the interviewer found and asked why are feeling tension, and I mentioned the reason.
- He asked me to introduce myself in 2 lines
- Discussion on higher studies
- Favorite subject and why?
- CEO of TCS
- About AIR INDIA(Owned by TATA group recently)
- Relocation, any Backlogs, Service agreement, percentages(X, XII, B.TECH)
- The surprising one is that he asked me to rate himself out of 10 and I gave 8/10 then he asked why 8 why not 10 and asked to advise him what will I improve, I managed myself with my answer at the time but he is very friendly.
- He finally ended with Do you have any questions?
- after 18 days I got my results
P.S: We need not be James bond in our technical stuff just basic knowledge is enough and make the interview more interactive rather question and answers session.
I hope this will help you.