TCS Codevita 2020 Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
- A global programming competition whose duration is 24 hours.
- Codevita is an open book contest where one can refer to any resources (as long as they do it individually) to solve original and unpublished programming problems.
- Offers jobs and internships, basis demand from business units, as applicable.
Link for more info: https://campuscommune.tcs.com/en-in/intro/contests
I secured rank 3551 over 185k+ participants by solving two questions(Constellation and Primetime again). I was shortlisted for a Direct Interview, which was held virtually on the Cisco Webex platform. The interview lasts about 30 minutes which consists of both HR and TR.
Feel free to check out my solutions at https://github.com/prashanthr11/Codevita-Practice
There were three panelists(let’s say A, B, and C). Although there are three panelists in the meeting, the Interview process is followed by A, B, and C.
The following questions were asked by Person A:
- Verified my details
- Took a snapshot of the meeting along with my ID card(any govt. card or college ID card).
- Are you comfortable with relocation?
The following questions were asked by Person B:
- Tell me about Yourself.
- What is your favorite programming language? Why?
- Difference C and Python?
- Data types that are not there in C over Python?
- Python packages are you familiar with?
- Difference between Arrays in C and Lists in python?
- Questions on your projects.
The following questions were asked by Person C:
- Questions on previous projects.
- Questions on Trees and different traversing techniques.
- Difference between BFS and DFS.
- How to insert a node into a Tree? (only Logic)
- How do we measure the Execution time of a program in C and Python? By using packages and command-line arguments?
- Why TCS?
- If you have a chance to join FAANG, will you join?
- Importance of Teamwork in an Organization.
Verdict :- Selected
- I highly recommend participating in programming contests.
- Resume plays an important role. (Panelists will ask questions on your projects)
- Be thorough with the whole resume and never fake it.
- Don’t indulge in Plagiarism.