Societe Generale came for campus placements and shortlisted CSE, IT, ECE, and EEE students for the first round. There were overall 5 rounds.
Round 1(Online Test)
- The test had 2 Easy coding questions and around 40 MCQs. The coding questions were of basic level but the MCQ was on a range of topics which includes Software Engineering, Testing, OS, DS, DBMS, and few aptitude questions.
- After the first round results were announced (after 3 days) and the company came to the campus for Pre Placement talks.
Round 2(Group Discussion)
- After the Pre-placement talks, we were sent to respective rooms for the Group Discussion round. There were around 15 students in each group and two-panel members for evaluation. The topics were like the future of IT, Data Boon or Bane.
- Tip-The person who starts first has the advantage.
- At the end of the GD, a common question was asked to all the students. eg- “If aliens come to earth where should they land”
Round 3(Technical Interview)
- The interview started with an introduction and then followed by questions based on my resume. I was asked about the projects mentioned in my resume. The interviewer also asked me some basic DBMS and OOPS-related questions.
- This round completely depends on the interviewer. Some of my friends were asked questions on cloud computing or some questions like what is Investment banking etc
Round 4(Techno-Management Interview)
- This round also started with an introduction followed by the question- where do you see yourself in 5, 10, and 15 years from now. Then there were questions on DB, DS, and OS. There were also some questions based on my CV and projects.
Round 5(HR Interview)
- It was a general round with simple questions like- Which place will you prefer Bangalore or Chennai? What if you don’t get the location of your choice? Are you fine working in the night shifts etc?
- I was very fortunate to get the offer letter at the end of the 5th round. I am thankful to the GeeksforGeeks community for the good practice materials that helped me with the interviews.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.