Shopee Interview Experience for SDE -2
Shopee is Singapore-based e-commerce. The role offered was in Singapore itself. There were 3 interview rounds:
- Coding question – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-number-of-islands/
- How to rate limiter works for rolling window
After that we had a discussion regarding scalability, caching, Redis, isolation level, DB index, and Btree vs B+tree The main focus is on how well candidates exposure towards this tech stack
2nd Round: In this round, I was asked to design auth service first. Then from there, the discussion moved to how to store passwords.
- How do HTTP and HTTP work?
- How does TCP work?
- Then Interviewee asked a Coding question https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-smallest-window-in-a-string-containing-all-characters-of-another-string/
This round was of 90minutes. Major focus on high-level system. How things work and data are shared between different microservices.
3rd Round: It was the hiring manager round.
- First, we discussed my project.
- Then he asked how to debug in the production env.
- How to debug high CPU usage? Then I gave him an example saying we had a similar issue in our company we checked logs and by a hit and try tried to pin point the problem.
- After that, he asked how to read from a slave I told him to use proxy service.
- Then he asked how matrices are shown in the dashboard.
- How do they get data and asked me to design the same