Service Robots are one of those robots which behave and do work like that of humans and are quite interactive. These robots can do those jobs which sometimes humans are not reluctant to do which includes cleanliness jobs, some dangerous activities, and also includes household chores like dishwashing, cloth washing, etc. Service Robots are programmed in such a way that they perform all the operations automatically based on the algorithms on which they are trained. Service Robots are known for their ability to do activities and taking decisions like any human being. One of the major objectives of service robots is to assist humans in a highly possible way. Their functioning is solely based on programming is done by the Engineers which is done with the help of many programming languages and frameworks.
Classification of Service Robots :
Service Robots are classified into two categories based on their use in human life as follows.
- Personal Service Robots –
Personal service robots are those robots that are used for personal use mainly. These robots are mainly brought for self-assistance and for performing non-commercial tasks only. Some of the commonly used Personal Service Robots includes Robots as a domestic servant, automated wheelchair, personal mobility assist robot, and pet exercising robot.
- Professional Service Robots –
Professional Service Robots are those robots that are used for professional use only. These robots are mainly brought for commercial use and for performing those activities which involve some dangerous tasks. These Robots are usually operated by Professionally trained operators who are solely dependent on the overall efficient functioning of these robots. They are meant to provide service in companies and offices and public places. Some of the commonly used Professional Service Robots includes cleaning robots for public places, Delivery Robots, fire-fighting robots.
Advantages of using Service Robots :
- They have higher flexibility in working.
- They enhance data collection activities and perform the analysis very efficiently.
- They have made human life easier by providing self-assistance for every activity.
- They have minimized the load and work pressure of people.
- There are highly reliable because of their high efficiency in working and programming protocols.
- They have created more clarity in services.
Dis-Advantages of using Service Robots :
- They have reduced human jobs.
- Sometimes these robots can do work in the wrong direction.
- There may be some programming faults, created during the processing of robots.
- They require regular updation and up-gradation of their software and hardware.
- The cost of operation is very high.
- Their maintenance cost is high and requires timely changes.
Applications of Service Robots :
- Retail Services –
They are used in Retail Stores for providing assistance to Customers.
- Agricultural Services –
They are also used in performing agricultural activities.
- Domestic Services –
They perform household activities like dishwashing etc.
- Event Services –
They are also used in providing services in events.
- Industrial Cleaning –
They are also used for cleaning in industries.
- Logistics –
They are also used in acrry heavy objects and materials.
- Makeup Services –
They are also used in cosmetic industries for producing makeup items.