Selecting a drop-down list by using the Selenium.select_by_visible_text() method in Python
Selenium is an effective device for controlling an internet browser thru the program. It is purposeful for all browsers, works on all fundamental OS and its scripts are written in numerous languages i.e Python, Java, C#, etc, we can be running with Python.
Different methods of Select class:
- Selection an option from the dropdown menu by INDEX.
- Selection an option from the dropdown by VISIBLE TEXT.
- Selection an option from the dropdown menu by VALUE.
we are discussing on visible text method in the drop-down list.
The strategy chooses the alternative by its obvious choice label esteem. It acknowledges the noticeable content estimation of the choice tag and brings nothing back.
Working with Drop-down list: Initially, you have to import the Select class and afterward you have to make the case of Select class. After making the case of Select class, you can perform select strategies on that occasion to choose the choices from the dropdown list.
from selenium.webdriver.support.ui import Select
for selection by using
Example: We will be doing the following:
- Import selenium module
- Import select class module
- Using web page for drop down list (URL).
- Navigate to the id of option bar.