SAP Labs Interview Experience for Development Associate Consultant FTE | On-Campus 2020
SAP labs visited our campus (Tier-2) in December for the Development Associate Consultant role. Most people had 5 rounds.
- 1 online
- 2 Technical rounds
- 1 Managerial
- 1 HR
Every round was an elimination round. The eligibility criteria for the preliminary round (online test) was 7 CGPA, so around 1500 people appeared for the first round.
Round 1 (Online Test): Platform was HackerRank, 10 MCQs and 2 coding questions. MCQs were all technical (DS, Algorithms, Code output, language-based). In coding, one question was on DP (medium/hard level) and another was on Array Manipulation(medium level).
Note: The test had a sectional cut-off so it was important to perform well in both sections.
53 people were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Technical 1): This was a Codepair round conducted on HackerRank which lasted for around 45-50 mins. Started with introduction and explain/talk about your recent projects. As I explained my projects in-depth, many technical questions related to my projects were asked. Later, 2 coding questions were given to solve and compile on the platform.
Q1. The question was based on String Manipulation, which had to complete 2 functions with the input of a string. One function would return the modified string without vowels and the other function removed consonants from the input string.
Q2. Finding the middle element of a LinkedList. I used the double-pointer approach to solve this in 1 traversal.
Round 3 (Technical 2 + Managerial Round): This was basically a combined core technical and managerial round for me as they were short on time. This was conducted on Microsoft Teams and lasted for an hour.
Question asked in this round:
- Introduce yourself
- Brief about the recent projects that you have built. Technical questions related to the projects.
- What is API and How does it work? (as I have built a project using API)
- Talk about your internship experience, challenges faced and how did you overcome them.
- Asked me to justify my CGPA.
- Which languages are you comfortable with and why?
- Differences between C++ and Java. Also, particularly asked the difference on the basis of the OOPS concept.
- Pillars of OOPS. Explain Polymorphism with a real-time example.
- What is Abstract function, Abstract class, and Interface?
- What is join in DBMS and what types of joins?
- What is Normalization? Why do we use normalization and when should we use it? Gave me a practical scenario and asked if we should use it or not.
- What is Indexing in DBMS and explain about Clustered Indexing?
- How many cluster indexes can be formed in a single table and why?
- SQL queries.
- The question was solved by using the Aggregate function, GROUP BY clause and ORDER BY clause.
- Write SQL query to find out the 3rd maximum salary of the employee from the Employee table (the table was given). I didn’t use TOP/LIMIT instead used the Aggregate function along with subquery to solve it.
- 15. Few questions on Node Js.
Round 4 (HR Round): This was again conducted on Microsoft Teams and lasted for around 20-25 mins. This felt like a simple chat and discussion rather than an interview. General HR questions were asked.
Question Asked :
- Introduce yourself
- Your Strengths/Weaknesses.
- What is one of the challenges that you have faced in your college life and how did you overcome it?
- How was your experience throughout the SAP interview?
- Why SAP?
- We had a healthy discussion on the core principles of SAP and their tech stacks.
10 people had made it to the HR round. Finally, 9 people were selected and offered full-time roles and I was one of them .
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!