SAP labs Interview Experience for Associate Developer
Round 1: Online coding test
Round one consisted of 2 coding questions.
- Given an array and a value K, find the count of elements lesser than K.
- Given a 2D array of size M*N, find the largest element for each row. The answer will be an array of M values. This question was indirectly given in the form of the M*N array, where M denotes the no of products and N denotes the number of days. The ith row indicates the price of the product I for N days. The task is to find the highest price of each product for N days.
- A few of my other friends got questions from dynamic programming and string manipulation as well.
- I solved both questions. They shortlisted 12 people and I were one of them.
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
- This interview lasted for about 35 minutes.
- Firstly the interviewer asked me to give a brief intro. Then he asked me to explain the projects I did.
- He asked me to give a diagrammatic explanation of one of my projects based on my graphs
- One of the other projects were Huffman Encoding and Decoding, he asked e to explain the procedure and also asked me if it was lossless encoding
- Then he asked me about polymorphism in C++. He asked me to code an example of compile-time polymorphism. I coded an example of function overloading, with changes in parameters data type, type promotion, and default parameters.
- Finally, he asked me a puzzle, which I answered correctly
I was selected to the next round
Round 3: Technical Interview 2
- This interview lasted for about 35 mins.
- Firstly the interviewer asked me to give an intro.
- She again asked me to explain my projects and asked few questions based in that.
- She asked me few oral questions:
- What is polymorphism? What are its types?
- About linked lists. Difference between singly and doubly linked list
- About trees it algorithms in OS ( which I didn’t know and I told her the same)
- She gave me a coding question.
- Given a month, I have to classify it as summer, winter, or rainy. I just used a map and stored pairs of months and corresponding seasons. And just traversed it to print the season.
- Finally, she asked me a puzzle, which I answered correctly
I was selected to the next round
Round 4: Managerial Round
- This interview lasted for around about 50 mins.
- Firstly we quickly introduced ourselves.
- Then he asked me about one of my projects and asked me how my solution has improved the project. The problems I faced during the project, how I resolved them, and the areas I would like to explore in the future. He also asked me to rate the participation of my team members for one of my projects ( I didn’t rate them, as I felt there was equal participation of all and I conveyed the same)
- He asked me about my area of preference. When I told him about DBMS, he asked me a few questions about his company’s DBMS software. He did this to check if I have read about the company.
- Then he asked me if I had given a thought about a solution to any of the real-world solutions. (However small is your idea, present it confidently)
- He asked me to learn more about the company.
I was selected for the final round.
Round 5: HR round
- This round lasted for around 10 mins.
- She asked me to explain one of my best projects
- She asked me about the problems I faced and how I solved them. Then she asked me how I would use this experience to excel in the role of a developer associate.
- Then she congratulated me for my performance in all the rounds and asked me about my preference of location.
- Then she asked me to wait for communication from my placement office.
- They finally selected 3 people and I was one of them.
- Tip: Be confident, polite, and honest.
Keep practicing, work hard and your day will definitely come! Good luck!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!