Samsung Research Institute Bangalore Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Samsung Research Institute Bangalore visited our campus (NITRR) for internships(2 months) in September 2021.
There were 3 rounds in total :
- Online coding round (day1)
- Technical round 1(day2)
- Technical round 2(day 3)
Round 1: Online Coding round
- This was a 1 hour 10 minutes coding round in which we had to code 3 problems having 2 visible test cases and some are hidden. Only those students were selected for the next round who passed all the test cases.
- Note: You can compile your code as many times as you want.
- Here is the question:
- Castle Stone: An array is given which contains the weight of stone and integer k. I have to return no of pair of stones whose weight sum is equal to k. (Two pointers)
- Count subtree: A Node of the tree is given an integer k. I have to return a count of subtree whose every node’s value’s digit sum is equal to k. (Medium tree)
- Right view of the tree: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-right-view-binary-tree-2/
25 students were selected for the next round.
Round 2:Technical Interview Round 1
The interviewer saw my resume. He was quite impressed by my resume.
- Give your Introduction
- Implementation of coding question: Print factorial. ex:-3!=6.(Interviewer said to share my screen and write a code and run it )
- Discussion on my projects.
- Questions on Data Structure: Difference between LinkedList and array and application where we prefer LinkedList rather than an array, DFS, and BF, queue and stack
- What is Operating System
- What is deadlock and deadlock prevention
- Difference between process and thread
- State of process, Semaphore
- Question-related to OOPS: Friend Function, class, and object, constructor and destructor, virtual function, the main function of oops inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, abstraction
21 students were selected for the next round.
Round 3: Technical Interview Round-2
Tell me about yourself
- Deep discussion on the project (In my project, I am using MongoDB in the database so he asked me real-life application where we use SQL and no SQL database)
- 4 DSA based coding question discussion: Given a string S and string array. I have to return the boolean array if array[i] string is a rotation of string S then array[i] is true otherwise false.
- Given an array that contains a unique integer and integer k. I have to return a count of pairs whose sum is equal to k. solve it by two approaches 1st one is to sort the array and apply a two-pointer and 2nd approach is to use set and apply the find operator.
- Given an array that contains a unique integer and integer k. I have to return the count of pairs whose sum is greater than k.
- Given a 1000 page book, each page has 100 words. I have to return the top 100 words based on a higher frequency of words. ( In this question interviewer Only focus on the data structure I used)
- And then he asked me if I had any questions.
Overall, It was a nice experience. Finally, I got selected (Total 18 were selected)