REDHAT Interview Experience for Internship
This article will give you information about the company, its recruitment process, sample questions that have been asked previously, lots of experiences shared by other aspirants, and the portal where you can apply.
About the company : Red Hat is a United States-based IBM subsidiary that sells open-source software to businesses. Red Hat was established in 1993 and has offices all around the world in addition to its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina.
With its business operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat has mostly come to be associated. Red Hat also offers Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), an enterprise virtualization product, as a result of the company’s acquisition of open-source corporate middleware provider JBoss. Red Hat offers storage, platforms for operating systems, middleware, applications, and management tools as well as support, consulting, training, and support services.
Recruitment Process :
- Online application on Linkedin
- Resume shortlisting
- Technical Round
- Managerial Round
Red Hat Eligibility Criteria:
Online apply on Linkedin
I applied via linkedin and filled up the google form with Relavant details. Always mould your resume according to the requirements of the company.That would be a plus point . Also do mention and elaborate your achivements upmost.
This was followed by resume shortlisting. I applied on 22nd May and got the mail for the resume selected for Apprenticeship on 6th october.
Technical Round: It was scheduled on 19th october. It was mostly focused on my projects , internships and developement technologies upmost. I was asked about my major projects,the technologies which were used,why they were used and some technical questions on the same.Coming on to the internships here I was asked about my contribution in the project,about new features and functioning and also about the software model we used here for proper functioning of the team and requirements. They emphasized more on the production enviroment rather than development.At last we also discussed on my contribution in various hackathons and learnings from it. At the end he asked me if I had any questions.This round happenend for 45 min.
Managerial Round: It was scheduled on 21st october.Process became quicker after the shortlisting 🙂 . So this round was of 35-40 min.It happend with my future manager.
- He asked me about my internship experience,the things i got to learn over there. Then I was asked about various situation based questions.
- Seeing my communication skills,he was highly impressed and then said that i should try upon to be fit for associate product manager from his experience of 12yrs .It was the first time for me to get such a feedback , i was on cloud nine hearing this but at the same time this position was for a Software developer.
- He asked me to choose and explore the APM too.This was one tricky question for me.
- Then he asked me about any conflict with my previous manager and other colleagues in my past internships. He asked me about one thing which I missed and wish to rectify the same.
- Then he asked me about the time What will you do if one of your team members is on leave due to some reason and you have to finish the project on a deadline?
- How did you handle it? i answered these kinda questions with the typical STAR approach .This round is actually based on how do you handle stress at times of pressure.
It was aboslutely an amazing experience interacting and didn’t seemed an interview rather a normal conversation.At the end he asked me if I had any questions and I asked some.
Guess what!! I gave my interview on 3pm and got the mail/call for shortlisting on the same day at 5:30 pm, Really Quickkk!!
Verdict : Selected
Some key points to take over :
- Communication is must .Try to communicate as much as possible
- Practice explaining your projects in a concised manner
- Be confident ,express yourself.
- Always ask questions at the end, this depicts you are really intrested for the Job, Express that you want the job.
- Be ready for everything because LUCK also plays a role.
“ However, remember one thing, how much you prepare(It’s the only thing in your hand, so do it properly), your family, friends and your luck do play a role”
All the best!
Please Login to comment...