React Suite Breadcrumb Component
React Suite is a popular front-end library with a set of React components that are designed for the middle platform and back-end products. Breadcrumb component allows the user to display the current page path and that too within a navigational hierarchy. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the React Suite Breadcrumb Component.
- classPrefix: It is used to denote the prefix of the component CSS class.
- maxItems: It is used to set the maximum number of breadcrumbs to display.
- onExpand: It is a function that is triggered when you are in the collapsed view and clicks the ellipsis.
- separator: It is used for the custom separator.
- active: It is used to denote the active state.
- componentClass: It is used for the custom element for this component.
- renderItem: It is used for the custom rendering item.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install rsuite
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example 1: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output:
Example 2: In this example, we will learn about creating custom breadcrumb separators.