Rajeev Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development
RGNIYD (Rajeev Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development) is one of the reputed and famous institutes known for their good quality education in the field of Youth Development. It is a well-known institute of national importance that provides various courses in order to equip young people with the skills and knowledge required for the growth of personal as well as professional life. The institute provides various courses covering different areas such as youth work, rural development, gender studies, entrepreneurship, and leadership quality development. The institute also conducts research, outreach programs, and advocacy activities related to youth development.
Where is RGNIYD Located?
It is located in Sriperumbudur, which is a town in the Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu, India. Sriperumbudur is situated approximately 40 kilometers southwest of Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu.
Who Started RGNIYD Institute?
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development was established by the Government of India ( Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports) in 1993. It is founded in memory of the late Shri Rajiv Gandhi (the former Prime Minister of India) who was well known for his vision and commitment to youth development.
Initially, it was named as National Institute of Youth Development (NIYD) but later it was renamed the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD) in 2012 to honour the legacy of the late Prime Minister.
Which Courses does RGNIYD (Rajeev Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development) Provides?
RGNIYD offers various courses in the field of Youth Carrier Development. some of the courses offered by the institute are :
1. Postgraduate Programs:
- MA(Master of Artes) in Development Policy and Practice
- MA(Masters of Arts) in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
M.Sc(Master of Science) in Counseling Psychology
2. Certificate Programs:
- Certification Program in Youth Leadership and Social Change
- Certification Program in Gender Studies and Social Transformation
- Certification Program in Rural Development
3. Training Programs:
- Training Program on Leadership Development
- Training Program on Entrepreneurship Development
- Training Program on Youth Work
- Training Program on Gender and Development
4. Other Programs:
- Research Programs: Ph.D. and MPhil Programs in Youth Development Studies
- Outreach Programs: Programs aimed at promoting youth development at the grassroots level.
The Popularity of Rajeev Gandhi Nation Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD)
RGNIYD is established in 1993 hence it might not be well-known as other established universities while it has gained popularity in recent years, especially in the area of Youth Development. RGNIYD has partnerships with several national and international organizations, which provide students with opportunities for internships and employment. Institute provides Faculties which are professional experts in their respective fields. The institute also conducts research and provides training to government officials on issues related to youth development, which has helped to raise its profile.
Overall we can conclude that it’s well-reputed when it comes to good quality education, experienced and supportive Faculties, and collaboration with National & International organizations.
RGNIYD – Scholarship to Students
RGNIYD is one of the reputed institutes at the present time that now offers Scholarship under various categories in order to make student profitable who shows academic excellence and financial need.
the criteria on basis of RGNIYD provides scholarships include-
- Financial need-based
The scholarship covers different areas, including :
- Merit Scholarship – Students who got a high percentage of marks in qualifying exams can get this scholarship. The scholarship covers tuition fees, hostel fees, and other expenses, and is awarded for the duration of the program.
- Means-cum-Merit Scholarship – Students who have a poor economic background but show some academic excellency. The scholarship covers tuition fees, hostel fees, and other expenses, and is awarded for the duration of the program.
- Research Fellowship – RGNIYD offers this fellowship program to students who want to pursue doctoral programs in the field of youth development. The fellowship provides financial assistance to cover the cost of research and living expenses and is awarded for a period of up to three years.
- Endowment Scholarship – RGNIYD provides this scholarship to those who want to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate programs in the field of youth development. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit and financial need and covers tuition fees, hostel fees, and other expenses.
The eligibility criteria and application process for scholarships may vary depending on the category of scholarship. Students who are interested in applying for scholarships should visit the RGNIYD website or contact the institute’s admission office for more information.
RGNIYD Lacks in the Following Field
- Location – Rajeev Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD) is located in Suburban Area and relatively far from major cities, which may limit the opportunities for students and for Institute as well.
- Limited Campus – The campus size is relatively small and the facilities that the institute provides are not extensive as compared to other established institutes.
- Limited course offerings – While RGNIYD offers a range of courses in the field of youth development, its course offerings may be limited compared to larger universities.
- Limited infrastructure – RGNIYD may not have all the state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities that larger universities may have.
Key Function of RGNIYD
RGNIYD is open to all students who are interested in the field of youth development and wish to contribute to the development of society.
- Students interested in pursuing careers in the field of youth development: RGNIYD provides a comprehensive education in the field of youth development, and students who wish to pursue careers in this field can benefit from the knowledge and skills acquired through its programs.
- Students interested in research and academia – RGNIYD offers research programs such as Ph.D. and M.Phil programs in youth development studies, which can be particularly beneficial for students interested in pursuing careers in academia and research.
- Students interested in leadership and entrepreneurship – RGNIYD offers several programs and training in leadership and entrepreneurship, which can be particularly beneficial for students interested in these areas.
- Students interested in social innovation and social entrepreneurship – RGNIYD offers a unique program in social innovation and entrepreneurship, which is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to develop innovative solutions to social problems.
- Students interested in rural development and gender studies: RGNIYD offers certificate programs in rural development and gender studies, which can be beneficial for students interested in these areas.
Overall, any student who is passionate about youth development and wishes to contribute to the development of society can benefit from taking admitted to RGNIYD.
Please Login to comment...