Python BeautifulSoup – find all class
The task is to write a program to find all the classes for a given Website URL. In Beautiful Soup there is no in-built method to find all classes.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
Methods #1: Finding the class in a given HTML document.
- Create an HTML doc.
- Import module.
- Parse the content into BeautifulSoup.
- Iterate the data by class name.
<p class="body">geeksforgeeks a computer science portal for geeks </p>
Methods #2: Below is the program to find all class in a URL.
- Import module
- Make requests instance and pass into URL
- Pass the requests into a Beautifulsoup() function
- Then we will iterate all tags and fetch class name