PyQtGraph – Showing Video
In this article, we will see how we can show the video in PyQTGraph. PyQtGraph is a graphics and user interface library for Python that provides functionality commonly required in designing and science applications. Its primary goals are to provide fast, interactive graphics for displaying data (plots, video, etc.). Widget used for display and analysis of image data. Implements many features like displaying 2D and 3D image data. For 3D data, a z-axis slider is displayed allowing the user to select which frame is displayed. Displays histogram of image data with a movable region defining the dark/light levels, editable gradient provides a color lookup table. Video is displayed using the image view object and updating the frame very time.
We can create an image view with the help of the command given below
# creating a pyqtgraph image view object imv = pg.ImageView()
Syntax: ImageView(parent=None, name=’ImageView’, view=None, imageItem=None, levelMode=’mono’, *args)
- parent (QWidget): Specifies the parent widget to which this ImageView will belong. If None, then the ImageView is created with no parent.
- name (str): The name used to register both the internal ViewBox and the PlotItem used to display ROI data.
- view (ViewBox or PlotItem): If specified, this will be used as the display area that contains the displayed image.
- imageItem (ImageItem): If specified, this object will be used to display the image. Must be an instance of ImageItem or other compatible object.
- levelMode: specifies the *levelMode* argument
Returns: Object of class ImageView
In order to plot the video we have to do the following
- Import the pyqtgraph, pyqt5 and numpy module
- Create a main window class
- Create a graphic layout widget and add image view box to it
- Create an image item object and add it to the image view
- Create random data for the image item
- Create an update data method which updates the data of the image constantly to make it appear like a video and call this method
- Add graphic layout to the grid layout of main window and set this widget as central widget
Below is the implementation