Providence Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Eligibility Criteria : 6.5 CGPA, No dead/live backlogs, Branches- Computer, IT, Electronics
Online Test : Nearly 500 students gave this test. The test had 5 sections:
- MCQs on aptitude (Data interpretation, Percentage, Algebra, Series, Directions, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Permutation and Combination, etc. )
- MCQs on Verbal Ability (Paragraphs, synonyms, relations, etc.)
- 2 Easy Coding Questions on Array and Pattern Printing
- 2 SQL Query Questions
Round 1 : 50 students got selected for round.
- The interviewer asked me about my courses which I had written in my resume.
- He asked about projects – what kind of projects I did, what technologies I used, what was the overall process, what was the approach, how did you finalized the algorithm,
- how did you handle the difference of opinions in your group.
- Then he asked 2 medium level array coding questions, I took 2 minutes to think and I gave him 3 approaches for each question and wrote a code which I found simple and efficient for each question.
- Then he asked me about OOP concepts from A to Z. (Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, constructors, destructors, everything ! ) I had prepared OOP very well & I knew each and every concept of OOP, so it was easy for me.
- After that he switched to some HR questions like ‘have you done any leadership roles?’, ‘do you motivate people around you?’,
- ‘How you handle pressure?’, etc. Overall, the interviewer seemed satisfied.
Round 2 : 20-25 students got selected for round 2. This was tough !
- The interviewer was asking very complex questions on Operating Systems, Time Complexities, Data Structures and on topics I never even heard of !
- He used to take one topic, ask basic questions on it which I could answer and then increase the difficulty to the level on which I was just looking at him confused. But I was still trying to find a solution.
- I used to try, and fail, try, fail, try, fail. But, my concepts were clear, my thought process was clear, I was at least trying to solve the hard questions and even if he threw difficult problems at me I communicated with full confidence. (I think that is what the interviewer liked about me)
- He then asked some HR questions like
- If you have a person in your team who is difficult to deal with how would you handle this situation?
- What is your leadership strategy ?
- How do you make people to do the assigned work ?, etc.
Round 3: 12-14 students got selected for round 3. This was not an ‘Interview’ at all ! The HR was just casually chatting with me. We talked for 15 minutes and that was it. After few hours I got a mail saying that I got selected for the role.
10 students got the offer in total.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...