Project Idea | Pocket Charter
A document is a written, drawn, presented, or memorialized representation of thought often the manifestation of non-fictional as well as fictional content. Documents mean any matter expressed or described upon the substance by means of letters, figures or marks, etc.
Moving towards the topic, an identity document is any document that may be used to prove a person’s identity.
Some of them are –
- Aadhaar card (biometric, digital/physical identity system)
- India passport & Overseas passport
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Ration Card
- A Birth Certificate etc.
Importance: In a world where proof of identity has become essential for access to goods and services. With a few pieces of critical personal information, hackers can suddenly assume our identity and ruin our credit history and reputation through fraudulent credits cards, loans, and purchases.
For this, in developing countries, having a government-issued ID document or other proof of identity can help the citizens to secure themselves from such kinds of hackers.
Purpose: Document verification is a process of verifying the authenticity of a document. Officially issued documents, such as ID, driving license, bank statement, or other states/ federal documents are usually verified.
The process checks the validity of personal data, including – name, age, address as well as document features like stamps, watermarks, etc.
Nowadays due to globalization customers are no longer willing to be physically present. The customer simply has to upload a photo along with a government-issued ID.
Feature: The key point of this project is:
- It increases document authentication to a level up.
- Decreases the chance of documents being lost or stolen.
- All the process of verification undergoes through a verified organization.
Tools and Technologies used Depending on User’s Choice:
1. Front end Part
- React Native, BBootstrap
2. Backend Part
- Python (Django)
3. Database Part
- Oracle SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
4. External API
- Twilio (for sending OTP through mobile SMS)
- SMTP (for sending OTP through Email)
Required Skillset to Build the Project:
- Have proper knowledge of web development and its libraries.
- Need to be collectively good in the front end and backend with responsiveness.
- Can relate the working of the different modules all together before developing the application.
Working of Project: This project mainly consists of two different modules as follows:
- Application User (Document Holder)
- Document Verifier
1. Application User (Document Holder): It is the user interface that will encounter as the user opens up the application for the first time.
- Users will be asked either to log in and if not signup.
- For authentication, the user needs to fill in all the details authentic so that the user’s account will be created. (For authentication OTP will be sent via email and phone number).
- After successful login of the user, redirect to the user interface.
- Here user needs to create various segments according to their need and add ample related documents within the segment. For Example –
- Driving – consists of all the vehicle-related documents.
- Marksheets – consists of all the important mark sheets.
- Identification documents – consists of Aadhaar card, PAN. Etc.
- The user is also provided with the functionality of modification in the segments.
- After making the segment, an automated QR code with unique references will be generated which can be shared with others so that they land directly inside the segment page and can not access any other segments.
- The QR code can be shown to any of the govt officials for verification and also can be uploaded to registration forms instead of many documents, which directly or indirectly saves lots of memory and time.
2. Document Verifier: This is the second phase of the project which will be responsible for the verification of the documents either by scanning the submitted QR code by the applicant or shown by the user.
Working of this phase is as follows:
- For any type of verification, the verifier organization will have to contact the Developer company to generate the authenticate login credentials of employees.
- After successful login, the documents can be verified post scanning the QR code, hence if the QR code is fraudulent the form can be rejected.
- If the provided QR code is positive and redirects to the documents the verifier can approve the documents.
- For future preference, the verifier has the option to download the documents.
- Every process of verification is undergone through a policy contracted organization.
Working of the document verifier is explained by flowchart as follows:
Application in Real World:
- As we know that in today’s world, everyone is in rush, and most of the time, they forget to carry the important documents which are needed in our day-to-day life such as identity verification certificates, etc. But people never forget to carry their phones with them and with the help of this application one can have their all the documents and just in case taking an example of police checking if anyone stuck in police check post they can use this application and the police with the help of the QR code can check that whether their documents are real or not.
- As this is a completely verified application people are not needed to carry the hard copy of the documents, they just need the internet connection.
- Like these, there are many day-to-day life applications of this app.
Future Update of the Project: This project can be further converted completely into android and iOS applications. However, can also the website can be converted into an android application for faster and easier development and deployment.
- Ipshita Das
- V Akshid
Please Login to comment...