Project Idea | Automated Resume Builder
Project Title: Automated Resume Builder
Introduction: As placement season of most of the colleges is going to start, making Resume is a very hectic work for all the students. Also, many companies judge the candidature of a student just by his/her Resume. So it is necessary for the student to think beyond the third dimension while making the Resume.
- Automated Resume Builder is the Web Application which helps students to get their resume in hand just by filling up a simple form where important credentials need to be filled.
- The resume is downloadable in PDF format. Also, the user can log in again to access the previous resume that he had made.
- The resume is of Standard Format as stated by most of the Engineering Colleges of India.
Conceptual Framework: The website is easy to use and user-friendly. It is compatible with mobile phones and other devices. Also, the data of the user is completely secured and (s)he has to make an account and set their password to access their Resumes at any point of time. As stated above, the Resume is downloadable in PDF format which is quite a unique feature.
- PHP server-XAMPP, WAMP, etc. (I used USB Web Server)
- MySQL Database – For managing data entered by the user.
- Editor – Laravel, Codeigniter, etc. (I used Notepad++)
- This Web Application will be used by students looking for internships and placements. As having a resume is compulsory, most of the students will find it very useful.
- Students can get their resumes in PDF format.
- Data is completely secured. Users can set a password and access their resumes at any time, anywhere.
Link to the website: https://easycv7.000webhostapp.com
Resumes can also be classified according to different branches and for specific companies.
For example:- If someone has more practical experience and less CGPA/Percentage and resume should emphasize on project of the person more.
Research Work Done :-
- Conversion of current web page content into PDF format.
- Encrypting password for user privacy.
- Login and Logout system in PHP.
- Making a website compatible to use on other devices.
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.