Principles Of Prevention Of Infections And Diseases
Whenever the normal working of our body system gets disturbed, we feel sick. It can happen when a bacterium, infection, etc., enters our body or because of unhealthy living practices.
Physical, mental, and social well-being are all components of a condition of health. A person’s health is influenced by both themselves and their immediate environment. It is impossible to carry out typical daily tasks and function adequately in all spheres, including physically, cognitively, and socially, without keeping excellent health.
Principles of Prevention
- Somebody had a sickness that totally harmed his body capabilities to an extent that it can’t be recovered.
- A person suffering from some ailment might be confined to bed for some time because it takes time to recover from any disease.
- An individual experiencing an illness could spread the infection to others too.
Therefore, it is necessary to prevent defined diseases earlier.
There are two ways of prevention.
- Hygienic conditions should be maintained in the surroundings we live in. There should be limited exposure to airborne microbes by providing not-so-crowded living conditions.
- Safe drinking water should be used to stop water-borne diseases.
- Give a clean environment that prevents the breeding of mosquitoes. This prevents the spread of vector-borne infections.
The immune system normally fights off microorganisms. The cells of the immune system are special in killing infectious microorganisms. For that reason, we don’t necessarily in all cases fall wiped out on interacting with an infectious individual. When an antigen enters the body, these cells become into play.
It is the cycle by which an individual is made impervious to a specific disease by the administration of a vaccine. A vaccine stimulates the immune system of a body to prevent specific diseases. This cycle has proved beneficial in preventing many infectious diseases and has decreased the death rate generally. There are antibodies against, smallpox, measles, and so forth. There are general public health programs for childhood vaccinations to prevent any diseases all throughout our lives. To effectively prevention of infections, everybody should practice public cleanliness and vaccination.
Principles of Treatment
The immune system is the main factor that decides the number of microorganisms living in the body. There are two ways to treat an infectious disease, i.e.,
- To decrease the effects of the disease
- To kill the cause of the disease
In the first case, treatment decreases the symptoms which are due to inflammation. A doctor gives medicine to the patient to overthrow fever and decrease pain or loose motions. One must also take bed rest so that he/she can reserve his/her energy. This will permit him/her to have more energy to focus on healing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What are the top 4 ways to prevent an infectious disease?
These are the 4 ways to prevent infectious diseases.
- Immunize against infectious diseases.
- Wash and dry your hands regularly and well.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
Question 2: How to stay healthy? Write 3 ways to stay healthy?
To keep ourselves healthy, we should follow some healthy habits. These are some ways,
- Eat healthfully.
- Drink water.
Question 3: How is prevention better than cure?
Prevention is viewed as better than cure because it saves us from the harm of curing through medicines. Prevention is a safe way to carry on away from any problem. We are just required to maintain a healthy and disciplined lifestyle all through life.
Question 4: How do we fall, I’ll?
The normal working of our body system gets disturbed, and we feel sick. It can happen when a bacterium, infection, etc, enter our body or because of unhealthy living practices.
Question 5: What is immunization?
Immunization is the process of giving a vaccine to a person to protect them against disease.
Please Login to comment...