Persistent Systems Interview Experience for Software Engineer (Off-Campus)
I was interviewed with Persistent Systems Limited for the base package. I applied through my TCS National Qualifier Test Score on the TCS iON Job Listing Platform.TCS iON has an association with Persistent System Limited. I got an assessment link after my profile has been shortlisted. The details of the objective test are mentioned below.
|Module||Sections Covered||Duration(mins)||No.of Questions|
Operating Systems & Computer Architecture,
DBMS,Computer Networks, Data Structure and
|English Comprehension||Vocabulary, grammar, comprehension||15||12|
|Logical Ability||Inductive, Deductive & abductive reasoning||15||12|
|Automata||Coding ability in C,C++,Java,Python,Ruby,Perl,C#||45||2|
The automata will be subjective section and all others will be objective. The level of coding questions will be easy to moderate.
Round 2: Technical Interview
Questions asked in this round are listed below-
- Give a brief introduction about yourself.
- Asked about the major project.
- Why object-oriented programming is used?
- What is inheritance?
- What is polymorphism?
- Describe operator overloading and method overloading.
- What is Destructor in C++?
- What is Exception handling in C++?
- What is Hashmap in C++?
- Write the output of inorder, preorder, postorder, and level order traversal of the tree presented on the screen.
- Write a SQL query to find out the second highest salary from the Employee table.
- What is Normalization?
- What do you understand from Software Development Life Cycle?
- What is OSI Model? Why it was introduced and what are the different layers in it?
- Difference between TCP and UDP.
- Any questions for me.
Round 3:HR Assessment
- It was a behavioral test. The test duration was of 15 minutes and was based purely on situational based questions. There will be approximately 100 questions to answer. You have to click the two options out of three which you are more likely to be.HR is not a rejection round in persistent but mandatory to attempt.
- After HR Assessment you will get a mail of selection.
- Basics of OS and networking concepts should be brushed up for both the online assessment round and technical round as well.
- They also ask puzzle questions during the interview so one should go through previously asked puzzles too.
All the Best!!