PayPal Interview Experience SE 2
I got the opportunity to attend the interview through one of my closest friends’ referral for a vacant position in his team.
Round 1(1 hour): This was a DS and Algorithms round conducted by one of the SDE3s.
- Remove nth duplicate element from the given linked list.
Eg: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 ->1 ->2 ->3, n=2 Here the nth(2nd) duplicate element in this list is 2. So return, 1 -> 3 -> 1 -> 3 -> 1 -> 3
- Write a program to read all the files in the given directory and returns a dictionary (JSON-like structure) that contains occurrences of every word in each of its respective file names.
- How do message queues work (Focused on Kafka and Zookeeper) and their uses with a real-time example?
- Explain one of the projects that you have worked on in your previous company.
- Some basic questions on Python (Available inbuilt data structures, default debugger module available, etc).
PS: This hiring was specifically for Engineers skilled in Python Django, ReactJS, and Java. Though I don’t know Django, the interviewer was fine.
Round 2(1 hour): This round was conducted by one of the Engineering Lead members from the US office. This round was like pair programming which was to basically design (Low Level) a payments application with the following use cases. I was not paired with any other candidate. The interviewer himself acted as my pair and helped me whenever I got stuck in the middle.
- Users can add credit cards.
- Check if it is a valid credit card
- Make transactions/transfers from one user to another.
- Check if the balance is available from the source account and then allow to transfer money to others who have linked their cards.
- Proper logging and error handling.
He expected a full working code with proper test cases.
Round 3(10 minutes): This was conducted by the Hiring Manager.
- Why are you looking for a job change?
- Discussions on my work with previous projects in previous companies.
Please Login to comment...