PayPal Interview Experience for SE 2
Round 1: Online Coding Challenge
- It was held in HackerRank platform with 2 questions
- Easy question with 50 Mark & Hard question with 100 mark
- One of the questions was Beautiful Numbers and I don’t remember the other question. https://www.hackerearth.com/problem/algorithm/beautiful-numbers-05de0f51-101121ca/
- I cleared 4 test cases (TC) out of 9 for hard question & 4 TC out of 26 in easy question
- Be prepared for hard questions from DP.
- Please follow up with HR even if you didn’t perform well. They might be busy reviewing other applicants
Round 2: Problem Solving DS & Algo
- I was asked the below question but the complexity should be LogN
- Tree Question was asked I don’t remember the exact question.
- Even if you never have seen the question, please think out loud, the interviewer will guide you
- Optimization is very important
- Be ready to write the code without IDE
Round 3: Core java, OOPS Concepts, Microservices
- I was asked core java concepts I was asked to write java 8 steams based code.
- Spring & spring boot related questions in depth
- OOPS concept with real-time examples & in-depth questions
- SQL subqueries & query optimization
Round 4: Design Discussion (System and Database Design)
- This round was supposed to happen separately but for me, it combined with round 3
- I was asked to design OOD for files & folders
Rounds 2 to 5 happened in a single day and the results were announced within 2 hours. It was a long day
Round 5: Hiring Manager round
- This round happened next week, I expected behavior & cultural questions but I was wrong
- It was also a Coding round with 2 questions backtracking & HashSet
- Optimization is mandatory. This round depends on the manager could be technical discussion or even design discussion
Verdict – Selected
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...