PayPal Interview Experience for Data Analyst Summer Intern 2023
Today, I took the PayPal summer intern test which consisted of 11 questions.
One of the questions was a coding question that required me to calculate the Body Mass Index (BMI) of an individual. I found the coding question to be relatively easy and was able to implement the necessary logic and formulas correctly. The remaining 10 questions were based on statistics, SQL, and ML.
- Starting with a question on calculating the sample mean, standard deviation, and median.
- The second question was about finding the intercept in a regression line
- The third question was on normal distribution,
- The fourth question was on correlation and covariance
- The fifth question was on kurtosis where they asked about the order of kurtosis of different distributions.
- The sixth question was a simple SQL query
- The seventh question was about errors
- The eighth question was on regularization
- The ninth question was on hypothesis testing
- The tenth question was on machine learning cross-validation.
It’s helpful to have a clear understanding of the format and structure of the test beforehand so that you can prepare accordingly. I hope I was able to demonstrate what was asked.
Statistics is an important field in data analysis and many companies like PayPal heavily rely on data to make decisions. The test was a good balance of different types of questions.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...