Oracle Interview Experience for SDE 2022
(Only circuital branches were allowed)
Round 1 (Online Assessment): We were given 3 questions of DP and basic questions to solve within 1.5hrs.
Round 2 (Online Technical interview):
- Basic Oops questions were asked and my experience of a 2-month internship.
- I was asked some Python questions as was mentioned in my resume.
- https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/reverse-a-doubly-linked-list/1 I was asked to solve it live.
- The interviewer was really rude and wasn’t listening when I was thinking out loud.
Round 3 (Technical interview):
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-1-how-to-measure-45-minutes-using-two-identical-wires/ This puzzle was given
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-12-maximize-probability-of-white-ball/ Then this puzzle.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-mislabeled-jars/ Then this.
Then, there was again a huge discussion on my projects and the technologies I used. This interviewer was also not present at the moment as he was getting quite lost during the process.
Round 4 (Managerial + Technical interview): I was asked concepts on Oops but, I couldn’t give a proper answer because apparently; Oops concepts of Java and C++ are really different and he asked me specific Java concepts even when I didn’t mention java at all in my resume.
- He asked me about my family, any technical challenges I have faced and how I overcame those, and how I would tackle issues of my teammates who aren’t willing to work.
- This was one of the rudest interviewers I had encountered as he looked down on me that I belong to a financially humble family. His tone was quite disheartening and the way he smirked after my sentences were also off-putting.
Verdict: Not Cleared (12 students were selected).
- I know, it was quite disheartening after everything one goes through and you get stuck because of a language you have never done.
- It is important to know Java because Duh! .. Oracle they are not willing to appreciate even Python or accept good data structures knowledge.
- I was rather happy to not make it because one of the employees apparently harassed my female colleague in an interview and it was recorded but not mentioned to the Training & Placement cell of the college or even the company HR. I am not mentioning college or exact dates to avoid further issues but, it was really one of the most unpleasant experiences for me.
Please Login to comment...